Searching for David Douglas, b.1718

  • dondouglas7@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2001
      Searching for David Douglas, b. 1718

      Folks,

      I´m looking for a David Douglas(s) born in Scotland circa 1718. He
      emigrated to America and his son was born in New Jersey in 1744.
      According to my father, the family came from Aberdeen but it seems
      that some family traditional knowledge has a lot in common with other
      kinds of rumors so I don´t know if the Aberdeen origin is factual or
      not. To complicate matters, there was a family by the name of Dalglish
      in New Jersey at the time, and because there are contradictory
      records, I don´t know for certain that Douglas is the correct surname.
      If anyone can suggest ways to research this further I´d certainly
      appreciate the guidance.

      Don Douglas
      Kleve, Germany
    • lucky1
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 25, 2001
        Hi Don,

        Well if you had a date when he left Scotland even a rough idea. They have
        a great site at Ellis Island you will have to try first. Seeing that your
        name Douglas or if you are in Britain, you can go to gro scotland .com and
        try there. And put a board up somewhere with what you know. Hope you have some luck. I searched a whole year and then got a breakthrough.

        Good Luck,

        Betty Bain
        lucky1@...