Re: TAYLOR 1881 Canadian Census

  • brucetaylorcan
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10 12:29 PM
      Hi Jill..

      The second family is my family.

      I take it that the census information is on a CD.
      Is this a Cd from the Family History Library?

      It is interesting that the names of the family with the
      exception of Allen show in the 1861 census, but with what
      appear to be different relationships. The 1861 census
      shows Ann S. Taylor age 38 born in England as the wife of
      Archibald. They had a daughter Elizabeth age 12 born in
      Upper Canada. The granddaughter of Archibald always said
      her paternal grandmother was Elizabeth Silver and when we
      saw the Ann S. as Archibald's wife, it was thought that
      she was actually Elizabeth Ann.

      The 1861 census showed the oldest person in the household
      was Archibald age 41.

      With this latest information it appears that I will have
      to revisit the Archives to sort this out.

      Bruce...
    • Jill Simon
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10 3:25 PM
        Hi Bruce :)

        The Canadian 1881 census cd's are from the LDS.

        I needed them to help my Auntie Alice; all of her
        family has been in Canada for generations. I don't
        know why the relationships would be different though.
        I guess it would depend on how literate the census taker was.

        Jill :)
      • nancy witzgall
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 27, 2003
          Andree,

          Try this web site:

          http://www.familysearch.org

          The site is the LDS. They have lists of all the family
          centers where you can go to find all your information
          you need to know from Scotland and Canada.

          I hope this helps you....Nancy

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 27, 2003
              Whoops!

              Regarding the request for 1881 Census lookup for John Smith
              and Mary Cooper. Mary Anderson was born June 9, 1863, in
              Ontario, and married to Samuel Smith in Bracebridge, Ontario
              February 28, 1881.

              Sorry about that.

              Andree