BLAIRS AND MILNES

  • Bervie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 1:57 PM
      Hello Colin,

      I just received your book and am trying to set aside some
      time to really enjoy it. There are a few questions which
      have come to me already.

      Do you have any further information about the James MILNE
      who was owner of the JOLLY SAILOR? Was he also the James
      MILNE who later was part owner of the Isabella? Is this
      the same "Isabella" that was owned by Cormack Ho? Was the
      James Blair who owned the HOPE, your James Blair?

      There was an Alexander MILNE, Cowiewells, who had four
      sons: James, Alexander, John, and Robert; the dates
      ranged from 1702-1709. I believe Alexander Milne, Sr.
      married Anna Moncur. You mentioned a Robert Milne, tailor.
      Do you have information on this family?

      Is the Robert you mentioned the son to Alexander?

      My James MILNE married a Janet BLAIR in 1796. I believe
      her father's name was Robert Blair, whitefisher..
      Have you encountered this name in any of your information?
      I believe her brother was a James Blair, possibly the
      shipmaster. James MILNE and Janet BLAIR's first child,
      Janet, married an Alexander LEES, which I think you have
      named many times in your book.

      Do you any information about the boat that sank in 1815
      other than the names of the dead. One of the people
      included was a James MILNE. Which one was he? I have
      several James MILNEs in my line. The other people in
      this boat had connections to some of my other lines.
      Do you know the name of the boat that sank?

      These are some of the questions that have come to me just
      scanning the book. Thank you for all your effort in
      producing this book. Hope you can shed light on some of
      the dark spots in my past.

      Margie