5450File - Monthly Reminders

  • Stonehaven_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com
    Nov 1, 2005
      MONTHLY REMINDERS FROM STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY!

      --- It�s that time again to do a complete scan of your computer
      for viruses. Before you do so though, don�t forget to
      update your Antivirus Program, to help ensure that you're
      not spreading any new unwanted viruses to other members.

      --- Will you be or have you changed your email address? Don't
      forget to update your membership ASAP so that we don't
      loose touch. Any member who's messages from the Group are
      sent back to Yahoo.com because their email address has not
      been kept updated will automatically be deleted from the
      Group after 20 attempts at trying to contact them. Please
      don't let this happen to you and if you need help, please
      contact me directly.

      --- Are there too many emails coming your way from STONEHAVEN
      GENEALOGY? Then why not switch your email setting. If
      you�re not sure how to, just let me know & I'll make the
      changes for you. Below are the 3 options available to you.

      --- INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES:
      You will receive every Message that is posted on the
      Message Board, one at a time, as it is approved by me.

      --- DAILY DIGEST:
      You will receive every Message that is posted on the
      Message Board as above, but instead of receiving them
      one at a time, you will receive them all in one
      convenient email at the end of the day.

      --- SPECIAL NOTICES:
      If you choose this option, you will receive no regular
      emails from the Group, but you will receive my WEEKLY
      UPDATE, which I put out every Sunday as well as any
      Important Messages, such as Virus Warnings, Changes
      in Yahoo.com, etc.

      There is a fourth option available as well, NO EMAILS.
      This option can only be used in very special cases
      however, such as when a Member lets me know that they
      will be away for a certain amount of time (Holidays,
      etc.) and they do not want their Inbox to become full
      while they are absent.

      The main reason for this is that by having at least
      one email a week going out to each Member, it enables
      me to keep a better handle on any email addresses that
      are not being kept current and therefore will no longer
      receive emails from any Member who wishes to contact
      them directly. If a Members email address is not kept
      current, and stops accepting emails from the Group, I
      will then receive a notice from Yahoo.com informing me.
      I will then try to contact the Member whose email address
      is Bouncing...over a 10 day period...and if I do not
      receive a response, this email address and its owner
      will automatically be removed from the Membership List.

      By doing this, it not only keeps our Membership List
      updated, but I believe it will also help keep our Group
      from having any major problems, etc. that I know a lot
      of other Unmoderated Groups are currently having. I
      "THANK YOU" for your understanding in this matter and
      if you have any questions or concerns about this or
      anything else to do with the Group, please feel free to
      contact me directly at my email address listed below &
      I will get back to you ASAP.

      --- If you�re stuck on your research or if you have a question
      about Scotland, why not post a message on the Message Board
      today. Don�t forget, there are over 850 members out there
      who are just waiting to help. Who knows...you may even find
      a connection with another member while you�re at it. Visit
      the SURNAME lists as well, to check out the new additions or
      to add some of your own to the list.

      --- Now would be a great time to check out the STONEHAVEN Calendar
      to see what's happening this month or to read about a famous
      Scot who was born during this month. If you would like to
      see something added to the calendar, just let me know and
      if there is room, I will add it for you ASAP.

      --- Do you know someone who may be interested in joining our
      Group at STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY? Then pass on the Home Page
      Link to them or email me their name and email address and
      I�ll send them an invitation today.

      --- If you have ancestors who came from Stonehaven, check out
      my other site, STONEHAVEN ROOTS, and see if they are listed.
      If they're not, just fill out the REQUEST FORM on the Site
      and I will add them ASAP:

      http://www.geocities.com/thistleinn/

      CHEERS,

      Jim Allan, Moderator