Re: [Stewart-DNA] Digest Number 563

  • Lisa Polk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2013
      I match 100% to no one ... but i feel that the FF test is worth it ... especially at such a reduce price.
      it may not help me now .. but may in the future, and I'll already be set up for it.

      Lisa
      119412

      From: <hawarlickc@aol. com>
      Date: Monday, July 1, 2013 12:56 PM
      To: <Stewart-DNA@ yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: Re: [Stewart-DNA] Family Finder @ Family Tree DNA

      It has been helpful for me, I think it is worthwhile.

      In a message dated 7/1/2013 9:42:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      william_j_stuart@ yahoo.com writes:

      > Anyone use and or recommend getting the family finder product at Family Tree
      > DNA since they have a special on it? Is it worth a dang or a waste of money?

      __._

      Mon Jul 1, 2013 4:14 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Belinda Dettmann" ebdettmann

      I was referring to the Stewart DNA Project at FTDNA. Results at

      <http://www.familytr eedna.com/ public/stewart/> http://www.familytr eedna.com/ public/stewart/ show DNA results of testers named Stewart/Stuart, or with an interest in the Stewart name. There are several other Stewart projects at FTDNA, but this is the largest, and it welcomes all comers. Those with maternal Stewart lineage might be interested in doing a Family Finder test at FTDNA to find distant cousins. Similar tests are available through 23andMe and ancestry.com.

      Belinda

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2013
        Yeah, I'm not a 37/37 match with anyone either but I do have 6 36/37 matches, so I went ahead and purchased it for long term hopes all well.

        --- In Stewart-DNA@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Polk <lpolk008c@...> wrote:

        > I match 100% to no one ... but i feel that the FF test is worth it ... especially at such a reduce price.
        > it may not help me now .. but may in the future, and I'll already be set up for it.
        >
        > Lisa
        > 119412

      • stewartj14
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
          I decided to take the plunge. I'm not sure if FF will help me with my Stewart research, but I have plenty of other lines where I have dead ends fewer than 5 generations back. For the Stewarts I'm right at 5 generations(if I don't count myself, that is). I've read in some places that FF can help 5-6 generations back and I'm really hoping some genetic information from 6 gens back presents itself as I could really use some confirmation of my Stewart's mother's line. There were so many James Stewarts in the area, the genetic presence of one of the lines who married into the Stewart family would be the best case scenario for me.

          Jeff