Steward

  • mamie2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2008
      First posting. My brother had a 37 marker DNA test done and no
      matches to any Stewart's. Does anyone know anything about the NJ
      Steward's or the Steward's from Mobberley, England? I have read the
      Stewart Clan magazine about the NJ Steward's and have Simon's will
      dated 1651 but my question is my brother's DNA matches (mostly 25
      markers) last names from Ireland.
      My line is Simon 1592, John 1627, Joseph 1664 (Quaker came to PA in
      1682) John 1697 NJ, William 1735 NJ, Beakley 1758 NJ, Samuel 1811 NJ.
      Most of this is based on the Stewart Clan magazine.

      Thanks Mamie
    • Bob Stewart
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2008
        Hi Mamie

        I also am a decendent of the NJ Stewarts. Beakley had a slew of children and my guy was Jehu. Jehu moved to Quincy, IL and I have fully documented my Stewart through him. Also one of his sons was Isaac Mitton Stewart. Isaac left IL with Brigman Young and was a confident of Brigam's throughout his life. Isaac was also the 1st Bishop of Draper, UT. I have visited his grave site & his 3 wives. The Morman decendents have done a good job of genealogy with Isaac, but not much with Beakley's other children. There are 2 Samuels in Quincy, but I am not sure if either one is yours.

        The Morman Stewart's have documented the Stewart(d) line to the Royals, but the documentation is weak the more we go back from Simon. Everyone wants to be a Royal, but the fact is there were lots of Stewards in England.

        Well, cousin, good to find you.

        Bob Stewart

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2008
          Well Hello Cousin,

          Both Samuels in Quincy are mine. Samuel son of Beakley (one of 21 if I
          remember correctly) and his son Samuel b 1811 married Rachel (Malcolm)
          son Samuel b 1846-1849 in Adams Co. Ill. d Kansas. Samuel married a
          Howe and my grandfather's name was Joseph Howe b 1877, Adams Co. Ill.
          My dad and mom moved to California in 1935. My grandfather and all my
          uncles followed. They are eight of us in my family so a lot of
          Stewart's here also.

          I burst my nephews' bubble when I told them our Stewart's were from
          England and not Scotland.

          Mamie

          --- In Stewart-DNA@yahoogroups.com, Bob Stewart <bobtgc@...> wrote:

          > Hi Mamie
          >
          > I also am a decendent of the NJ Stewarts. Beakley had a slew of
          children and my guy was Jehu. Jehu moved to Quincy, IL and I have
          fully documented my Stewart through him. Also one of his sons was
          Isaac Mitton Stewart. Isaac left IL with Brigman Young and was a
          confident of Brigam's throughout his life. Isaac was also the 1st
          Bishop of Draper, UT. I have visited his grave site & his 3 wives. The
          Morman decendents have done a good job of genealogy with Isaac, but
          not much with Beakley's other children. There are 2 Samuels in Quincy,
          but I am not sure if either one is yours.

          > The Morman Stewart's have documented the Stewart(d) line to the
          Royals, but the documentation is weak the more we go back from Simon.
          Everyone wants to be a Royal, but the fact is there were lots of
          Stewards in England.

          > Well, cousin, good to find you.
          >
          > Bob Stewart
          >

          > mamie2000 <mamie2000@...> wrote:
          > First posting. My brother had a 37 marker DNA test done and no
          > matches to any Stewart's. Does anyone know anything about the NJ
          > Steward's or the Steward's from Mobberley, England? I have read the
          > Stewart Clan magazine about the NJ Steward's and have Simon's will
          > dated 1651 but my question is my brother's DNA matches (mostly 25
          > markers) last names from Ireland.
          > My line is Simon 1592, John 1627, Joseph 1664 (Quaker came to PA in
          > 1682) John 1697 NJ, William 1735 NJ, Beakley 1758 NJ, Samuel 1811 NJ.
          > Most of this is based on the Stewart Clan magazine.
          >
          > Thanks Mamie
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

        • Bob Stewart
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8, 2008
            Hi,

            My Stewart's ended up in Chicago, IL early in the 1900's. I'm the breakaway who moved to WA State. My sons & grandchildren live N. of Seattle.

            The Morman senario traces the line to Scotland & the Royals, but I do not believe their results are supported by facts. But, tell your brother to keep trying.

            If his name is a Stewart or claims Stewart heritage regardless of surname he is entitled to claim Scottish heritage. Clan Stewart of America is a recognized is certified as a Clan in Scotland and has members throughout the U S A. He can find Clan Stewart on the Web. Also, there is a listing of Highland Games & Scottish events at www.usscots.com by State. Many of the events have a Clan Stewart tent and other info can be found at the shows. There of lots of Scottish events in CA.

            Keep in Touch,

            Bob

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 8, 2008
              Bob,

              Thank you for the information. I'll let my nephews know what you told
              me. We have a new male Stewart born Sunday. He is my great nephew and
              I'm not even that old.
              My husband and I lived on Whidbey Island for almost four years during
              the early 70's, we loved it and would have stayed if there were jobs
              in my husband's field. We have been back four times and still love it
              but as everywhere more and more homes and people.
              My brother and I will keep looking.

              Thanks again