Ancient Stewart descendant diagram

  • Belinda
    Message 1 of 10 , May 13, 2011
      A revised tree diagram showing possible relationships between Ancient Stewart descendants (67 markers) is now up on the web at http://www.chuckspeed.com/balquhidder/history/DNA_Stewarts%20May2011.htm.

      The latest version of the tree diagram showing relationships between all R1b Stewarts (at 67 markers) will be available shortly.

      Belinda
    • Sheila Lafleur
      Message 2 of 10 , May 13, 2011
        I tried the page a few times....... I get "page not found"

      • Nhlr2000@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 13, 2011
          Take the period off at the end of the .htm. and it will work fine.  Here's a revised link:

          http://www.chuckspeed.com/balquhidder/history/DNA_Stewarts%20May2011.htm

          -BNS

          Message 4 of 10 , May 13, 2011

            thank you kindly

            Sheila

            Message 5 of 10 , May 13, 2011
              :)

              Take the period off at the end of the .htm. and it will work fine.  Here's a revised link:

              http://www.chuckspeed.com/balquhidder/history/DNA_Stewarts%20May2011.htm

              -BNS

              I tried the page a few times....... I get "page not found"
              The latest version of the tree diagram showing relationships between all R1b Stewarts (at 67 markers) will be available shortly.

              Belinda

            • Belinda Dettmann
              Message 6 of 10 , May 16, 2011

                The latest version of the tree diagram showing relationships between all R1b Stewarts (at 67 markers) is now available at

                http://chuckspeed.com/balquhidder/history/R1b%20Stewart%20DNA2%20May%202011%20text.htm

                Belinda

              • bobbkat1@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , May 16, 2011
                  Fascinating, good work Belinda!

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 31, 2011
                    Hello Belinda!
                    I do hope you can assist me, as I am in something of a quandary regarding test results for proven members of my direct family. Their results (all on FTDNA) seem to be shown in a variety of different places on the charts and spreadsheets, but not with mine?

                    The following should be aligned with me:
                    Stewart (in Scotland) Kit # 164047
                    Stewart (in USA) Kit # 179069
                    Stewart (in USA) Kit # 48747
                    My MacLeod Stuart brother who is a -1 match (in UK) and my Whitby Stuart 2nd cousin (in UK) who is an exact match, should both be added.

                    If you need additional information, please let me know.

                    With best regards,

                    Charles.
                    Kit # 57979

                    --- In Stewart-DNA@yahoogroups.com, bobbkat1@... wrote:

                    > Fascinating, good work Belinda!
                    >

                    > In a message dated 5/16/2011 6:16:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > belindadettmann@... writes:
                    >

                    > The latest version of the tree diagram showing relationships between all
                    > R1b Stewarts (at 67 markers) is now available at
                    > _http://chuckspeed.com/balquhidder/history/R1b%20Stewart%20DNA2%20May%202011
                    > %20text.htm_
                    > (http://chuckspeed.com/balquhidder/history/R1b%20Stewart%20DNA2%20May%202011%20text.htm)
                    > Belinda

                  • Allan M Stewart
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 31, 2011
                      Dear Charles:
                      Same issue I've had being aligned with you, but not with my documented 5th cousin, William Lewis Stewart, and vice versa - being aligned with him, but not you.  For now I'd have to conclude that, even at 67 markers,Y-DNA analysis is a helpful tool, but not definitive for categorizing people.  Is that fair Belinda?
                      Cheers!
                      Allan (#48747)

                    • Belinda Dettmann
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 31, 2011
                        Hi Charles
                        Yes, I'm aware of this, and the Project results for Group 2a were amended
                        yesterday. I've been in contact with two other members of your family group
                        over the last few days about this, and I've decided to make the change. The
                        difficulty has been to link your lot with the descendants of Charles II, but
                        I think this may have come about through two separate mutations to the 464
                        set, from 14-15-17-17 to 14-15-16-17. I hope to spend today brooding over
                        various Stewart family trees to see how all this can be resolved but in the
                        meantime I've aligned your known relatives with you, and left out all
                        reference to the Darnley royal line.