3rd Marquise of Bute

  • sandymclellan@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011
      I believe my Great Grandfather is the illigitimate son of John Stuart, the Third Marquise of Bute, this is on the Paternal side.
    • replycs
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2011
        Hi Sandy,

        I am sure that piece of information may interest many other Stewart/Stuart participants if you can prove your yDNA results link you to that line, however you would need a solid paper trail... Do you have one by any chance?

        Regards,

        Charles
        Kit: 57979

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
          Hi Charles, I do actually have a copy of my Great Grandfathers marriage record, and the document states his father os John Stewart, fathers occupation listed as "man of independant means".