RE: [Stewart-DNA] Digest Number 202 - Stewart Society

  • Catherine Stewart
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 5:33 AM
      Hi,

      Edinburgh is home to the Register Office for Scotland. It is expensive £10 for a haf day in the search rooms and £17 for a full day last time I was there (just off Princes Street). However, the search rooms are invaluable, particularly if you are looking to find entries pertaining to deaths. It is very easy to spend a week in there all day every day and spend a fortune, so you have to be very self-disciplined and focussed in what you're looking for - unless of course you happen to be rich and it doesn't matter <g>

      Cat Stewart

      Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:37:21 +0000
      From: Stewart-DNA@yahoogroups.com
      To: Stewart-DNA@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Stewart-DNA] Digest Number 202

      Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

      Message

      1.

      Stewart Society of Edinburgh

      Posted by: "stewbuns" honeebunee@...   stewbuns

      Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:33 pm (PDT)

      I am going to England/Scotland in May. I am thinking of stopping by the Stewart Society in Edinburgh. I am wondering if anyone has visited there and what is there to see. Does anyone know of any other genealogical place to go in Edinburgh. Kathy

      Yahoo! Groups
      Do More For Cats Group
      Connect and share with
      cat owners like you
      Yahoo! Groups
      Mental Health Zone
      Learn about issues
      Find support
      Y! Groups blog
      the best source
      for the latest
      scoop on Groups.
      Need to Reply?

    • honeebunee@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 9:54 AM

        Thanks Cat for the info, I will get my search priorities in order before I go.

        Kathy

        Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:37:21 +0000
        From: Stewart-DNA@yahoogroups.com
        To: Stewart-DNA@yahoogroups.com

        Stewart DNA/ Genealogy

        Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

        1.
        Stewart Society of Edinburgh From: stewbuns
        View All Topics | Create New Topic
        Message

        1.

        Stewart Society of Edinburgh
        Posted by: "stewbuns" honeebunee@...   stewbuns
        Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:33 pm (PDT)

        I am going to England/Scotland in May. I am thinking of stopping by the Stewart Society in Edinburgh. I am wondering if anyone has visited there and what is there to see. Does anyone know of any other genealogical place to go in Edinburgh. Kathy

        Messages in this topic (1)

        Recent Activity

         1
        New MembersVisit Your Group

        Yahoo! Groups
        Do More For Cats Group

        Connect and share with

        cat owners like you

        Yahoo! Groups
        Mental Health Zone

        Learn about issues

        Find support

        Y! Groups blog
        the best source

        for the latest

        scoop on Groups.

        Need to Reply?

        MARKETPLACE

        Do More for Dogs Group. Connect with other dog owners who do more.

        Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.

        Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

        Send us your Hotmail stories and be featured in our newsletter
        http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/