Re: [StereoRealist] Re: E6 Processing to be Discontinued in LA

  • Linda Nygren
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 21, 2011
      Dec 23, 2011 is the last day. -Linda

      Info from Cindy at A&I ( cindy@... ) :

      > >> We will stop running e6 December 23, 2011 . A&I will no
      > >> longer process e6 film, We do apologize for any
      > >> inconvenience this may have caused you. if you have any
      > >> other questions please feel free to email, thank you,
      > >> have a wonderful day!

      and clarification:

      > A&I will
      >Not refund any mailers, our policy is you may use them
      >Towards c41 or B&w for process and print, you will
      >Have $9.49 per mailer as credit. When you send in your film
      >Also please send the mailers so you may receive the credit.
      >We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused
      >You. thank you, feel free to email with any other questions,
    • lindajnygren
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 22, 2011
        --- In StereoRealist@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <j.m.hohmann@...> wrote:
        > Did they give a actual date? I have 2 A&I mailers, but no film ready to send. Thanks
        >
        > --- In StereoRealist@yahoogroups.com, "CharlesO" <mysticblkcrow@> wrote:
        > > I just received a notice from A&E (one of the major labs in Los Angeles) that they will be discontinuing E6 film processing by the end of the year.

        My earlier reply did not make it to this list yet, so here it is again:

        Dec 23, 2011 is the last day.

        Info from Cindy at A&I ( cindy@... ) :
        > >> We will stop running e6 December 23, 2011 . A&I will no
        > >> longer process e6 film, We do apologize for any
        > >> inconvenience this may have caused you. if you have any
        > >> other questions please feel free to email, thank you,
        > >> have a wonderful day!

        and clarification:
        > A&I will
        >Not refund any mailers, our policy is you may use them
        >Towards c41 or B&w for process and print, you will
        >Have $9.49 per mailer as credit. When you send in your film
        >Also please send the mailers so you may receive the credit.
        >We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused
        >You. thank you, feel free to email with any other questions,
      • Kenneth Luker
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 22, 2011
          >In any case it will be another setback for stereo shooters as there are so
          >few of us left now that the future is indeed looking a bit bleak.

          In Salt Lake, my business of transferring digital files to stereoscopic
          slides (LukerDoops) depends on the availability of three-hour processing of
          E6 film. I don't shoot much with my Realist anymore, but the Provia I use
          in my film recorder can be back the same day from Nichols Photo Lab. If
          they stop the process, LukerDoops may not be viable anymore, but there is no
          sign of that, yet. My volume won't keep them in business.

          Kenneth Luker
          email: kluker@...
        • Eric Stevens
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 22, 2011
            Try Tempe Camera in Tempe Arizona for your E6 processing. They are reasonable, do a great job in their own lab, and understand stereo slides!
            Steve

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 23, 2011
              +1 on Laurel Photo. I've used them for about five years now, for E6 and miscellaneous other stuff. He knows what a Stereo Realist is...

              --- In StereoRealist@yahoogroups.com, "rubberlegslew2" <ballyhooandhijinx@...> wrote:

              > Check out Laurel Photo Lab.
              > 5122 Lankershim Blvd.
              > North Hollywood 818-505-8999
              >
              > http://www.laurelphotolab.com/
              >
              > He's been there forever. He will develop your slides on-site in one day.
              > Don't know what I'd do without him.
              >

              > --- In StereoRealist@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <j.m.hohmann@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Did they give a actual date? I have 2 A&I mailers, but no film ready to send. Thanks
              > >
              > > --- In StereoRealist@yahoogroups.com, "CharlesO" <mysticblkcrow@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I just received a notice from A&E (one of the major labs in Los Angeles) that they will be discontinuing E6 film processing by the end of the year. This will be the 4th lab that has shut down on me in the last 10 years or so. One of the labs before it closed used to jokingly call me the slide man as I could clearly tell he didn't like to do that kind processing.
              > > >
              > > > In any case it will be another setback for stereo shooters as there are so few of us left now that the future is indeed looking a bit bleak.

            • Jed Skillman
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 1, 2011
                Sorry to hear about A&I dropping E-6 processing.

                Fortunately I live just a few miles from a good, clean, fast lab; PJ's Camera in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. They have a good base of customers and a college that offers photography classes nearby that keep them busy. I asked last time I picked up a roll a week ago and they still process 4-5 days a week.

                I'm sure they'd like to get more business, so contact them at www.pjcamera.com or phone 630/790-1133. I can vouch for the quality of their work.

                Jed Skillman