A530 USB Trigger Issues

  • BradleyA
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2010
      So my father and I tried to follow the plans laid out on the SDM ( http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/quick.htm ) and we are not having luck getting it to work. We have two questions.

      1. Does the polarity matter? We hooked it up as in the diagram but nothing.

      2. Are we using enough volts? We are using a 2xAAA battery holder now

      Any other suggestions on how to get it wired up correctly?
    • Timo Puhakka
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2010
        --- In StereoDataMaker@yahoogroups.com, "BradleyA" <brad@...> wrote:

        > 1. Does the polarity matter? We hooked it up as in the diagram but nothing.

        Yes. The first thing I always try, when a new switch doesn't work, is to reverse the polarity, just in case.

        > 2. Are we using enough volts? We are using a 2xAAA battery holder now

        I usually use three batteries, 4.5v. With some cameras, 3v is not enough.

        > Any other suggestions on how to get it wired up correctly?

        You should check that SDM is loaded properly and working by plugging each camera into your computer using the USB cable that comes with the camera. The computer voltage should trigger SDM to cycle the camera to the blank screen stage, and when you pull out the cable (removing the voltage), the camera should fire. This way you will at least isolate where the problem is.

        Timo
      • Max Pow
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2010
          USB pin data uses 5v; so 3 AA or AAA batteries in series should just make it
          but 5v is the USB standard.
          Max Pow
          New Zealand