Re: slave flash mode bug in SDM (David)-not in a590is-101b

  • pxlcom
    Message 1 of 73 , Sep 27, 2011
      [ responding from digest mode ]

      --- In StereoDataMaker@yahoogroups.com, "depthcam" <depthcam@...> wrote:

      I agree with everything Francois reported in this thread response.

      My cameras are set on
      Manual,
      ISO 80 (occasionally 100 or 200),
      right Flash ON (usually minimum intensity) and
      left flash OFF, color balance on Daylight
      Shutter speeds are varied, 1/30 to 1/60 usually

      IMO: It shouldn't matter if the slave flash is the predominant flash as the flash output is equal for each camera however I will take a test photo using only the right camera's internal flash for the scene to see if the mismatch in color is present

      > > David wrote:
      > >
      > > What happens if the light is bright enough indoors to get acceptable exposure at 1/60 sec and the slave is not actually connected ?
      >

      > First of all, many of the shots I did combined daylight and flash and the shutter spped went higher than 1/60. In those cases, the color shift was still there.
      >

      > > How do the colours compare ?
      >

      > Same thing.
      >

      > > The posted images are rather dark and something very light grey or almost white would show the colour caste better.
      >

      > You can also take the images and brigten them in a photo editor. I have two monitors and one is very bright and shows the shift well.. On my other monitor, it's not as clear. But I do have brighter images where the shift is still there.
      >

      > > As a matter of interest, have you tried using SPM's colour correction feature ?
      >

      > Yes. It does not correct the problem. In fact, it seems to have hardly any effect.
      >
      > Francois

    • Michael
      Message 73 of 73 , Oct 7, 2011
        Nothing has to be done for custom WB except just set it.
        one can trigger flash incl. external one by pressing display. bit it does not change anything.

        please use sun or AWB left and Custom WB right plus a powerful external flash. see my other thread with final results. images will follow withing 24 hrs.
        Michael P.