Re: Is s95 100.k supported?

  • Franklin Londin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
      Thanks David!

      I followed the instructions for a 4gb card or less,
      adding the common zip files and the 100.k file
      you supplied.

      The cameras wake up in review mode with the SDM logo.
      I press the shutter on each to get them into record mode.
      When I trigger the shutters with a Werner Bloos trigger
      it seems they both go blank on the half press and then display
      "no image" and then on the release of the trigger it returns to live record mode, but it didnt record a pair.
      Do I need to set something up to be able to record?
      Franklin

      See if this first attempt works :
      http://www.zshare. net/download/ 920927918022c876 /

    • microfunguy
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
        Franklin Londin wrote:

        > The cameras wake up in review mode

        strictly speaking it is Playback mode.
        Review mode (if enabled) is the brief display of the photo you have just taken.

        > I press the shutter on each to get them into record mode.

        In the Stereo menu, enable 'extend lens' option.
        Briefly pressing the power button boots the camera and it shouls automatically switch to Record mode.

        > When I trigger the shutters

        You cannot trigger the shutters in Playback mode.

        If you see 'No Image' you are still in Playback mode.

        Anyway, if the 100k build actually boots it is very unlikely there are any problems with it.

        David
      • Franklin Londin
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
          Thanks,
          I dont see a Stereo menu

          I see:
          Extra Photo Operations
          Video Param...
          RAW param..
          Edge overlay
          Histogram...
          Zebra...
          OSD...
          Visual settings
          Scripting params...
          Misc.....

          Franklin

          microfunguy

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
            Franklin Londin wrote:

            > I dont see a Stereo menu

            Then you are not using SDM, you are using CHDK.

            Format your card, make it bootable and copy DISKBOOT.BIN to the card.

            Do not worry about 'New Install' for now.

            SDM displays '1.86' on booting.
          • Franklin Londin
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
              The disk is bootable,
              I deleted all files and added only your new DISKBOOT.BIN to the card.
              The camera turns on and turns off without a splash screen.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
                Franklin Londin wrote:

                > The camera turns on and turns off without a splash screen.

                Were any folders created on the card ?

                Time for bed ....

                David
              • Franklin Londin
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
                  yes,
                  CHDK, DCIM

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 2, 2011
                    Franklin Londin wrote:

                    > CHDK, DCIM

                    and subfolders.

                    that probably means that a Canon firmware address defined in the CHDK port and used by SDM but not CHDK is incorrect.

                    Contact me with an email address, I need to get this, the SX20IS and SX130IS 'off my back' so I can take a Summer break.

                    David