Re: acceptable forms of payment for NEAF purchases?

  • scott_nc
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 7 11:27 PM
      Thanks to everyone who replied. David, I remember that you had told me that before, but at the time I didn't know whether "cash only" just applied to the best deals for steeply discounted items or to all purchases.
      Thanks again, and clear skies,
      Scott, in NC

      --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@...> wrote:

      > Vic (or anyone else who knows),
      > I'll be attending my first NEAF this year and was wondering (since I've heard conflicting things from different people): Are NEAF purchases strictly cash only, or do vendors take credit cards as well? I'm wondering about this specifically with regards to SV, but am interested in the other major vendors' policies as well.
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Scott, in NC

    • oak_conkers
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 8 5:50 AM
        A bit off topic but recently while takeing an flight the crew selling the duty free stuff wouldn,t take cash only credit cards, strange, DA.

      • vic@stellarvue.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 8 2:43 PM
          Scott: this will change for us this year as I am getting a card swiper for the IPad. Most vendors take credit cards. Checks are suspect for unknown people who walk up as many vendors have had losses with bounced checks or very accurately forged money orders, etc. So those who have a card swiper will be in great shape to take cc. Every year I see more of these.

          In the past we took cc's on faith but with the huge crunch of people, especially on Saturday AM, it scares me to think of Jan being saddled with that. Doing it all manually takes too long. The card swiper should eliminate that this time. We will see

          So if you attend and find a vendor who will only take cash it can be an issue. Since I work the show and really do not have a chance to buy anything, maybe others can give you a better idea about this.

          Vic Maris

        • vic@stellarvue.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 8 2:49 PM
            Well I see by posting backwards that others have replied and said what I suspected. Another problem with taking cc as we did in the past was keeping that written info including the 3 number code on paper. Not very secure. So this year we will not have to worry about that.

            Vic Maris

            --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, vic@... wrote:

            > Scott: this will change for us this year as I am getting a card swiper for the IPad. Most vendors take credit cards. Checks are suspect for unknown people who walk up as many vendors have had losses with bounced checks or very accurately forged money orders, etc. So those who have a card swiper will be in great shape to take cc. Every year I see more of these.
            >
            > In the past we took cc's on faith but with the huge crunch of people, especially on Saturday AM, it scares me to think of Jan being saddled with that. Doing it all manually takes too long. The card swiper should eliminate that this time. We will see
            >
            > So if you attend and find a vendor who will only take cash it can be an issue. Since I work the show and really do not have a chance to buy anything, maybe others can give you a better idea about this.
            >
            > Vic Maris
            >
            > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Vic (or anyone else who knows),
            > > I'll be attending my first NEAF this year and was wondering (since I've heard conflicting things from different people): Are NEAF purchases strictly cash only, or do vendors take credit cards as well? I'm wondering about this specifically with regards to SV, but am interested in the other major vendors' policies as well.
            > > Thanks in advance,
            > > Scott, in NC

          • Scott in NC
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 8 3:41 PM