RE: [Stellarvue] Re: Garradd anyone?

  • Scott in NC
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
      Thanks for the info, Perry! So, do you have any images that are ready to share?
      CS,
      Scott, in NC

      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
        Hey gang, I did something stupid and posted a link to heavens-above.com with a finder chart for comet Garradd. Unfortunately if you click the link it will log you into my account, and for obvious reasons I really don't want my account info spread for all the world to see. I deleted my post, but unfortunately if any of you get these posts via email, and do a "reply post" through your email account, it will perpetuate more posts containing my account info. I guess I need to change my password now. Anyway, thanks to Jim B. for catching onto this and alerting me!
        Regards,
        Scott, in NC
      • JANET LAMONICA
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
          too late.  we've already emptied your bank account.  you only had 7 bucks in checking?  just kidding.  john

          ________________________________
          Hey gang, I did something stupid and posted a link to heavens-above.com with a finder chart for comet Garradd. Unfortunately if you click the link it will log you into my account, and for obvious reasons I really don't want my account info spread for all the world to see. I deleted my post, but unfortunately if any of you get these posts via email, and do a "reply post" through your email account, it will perpetuate more posts containing my account info. I guess I need to change my password now. Anyway, thanks to Jim B. for catching onto this and alerting me!
          Regards,
          Scott, in NC

        • scott_nc
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
            Haha, John. Actually the worst case scenario would be that someone might change my observing site info (like Jim B. inadvertently did!). It's not like it's linked to my bank account or anything, like my Allstars Platinum Account is! ;-)
            CS,
            Scott, in NC

            --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, JANET LAMONICA <janetlamonica@...> wrote:

            > too late.  we've already emptied your bank account.  you only had 7 bucks in checking?  just kidding.  john
            >

            > ________________________________

          • JLA
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
              that sounds even worse. I'm glad you have a sense of humor. I was thinking this poor guy doesn't even know me and I'm making fun of him. I got involved with stellarvue last year, with a SVR 90 T. I've been lurking all this time. it starts to feel like you know everyone even though you don't. anyway, good luck with your new password. john

              --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@...> wrote:

              > Haha, John. Actually the worst case scenario would be that someone might change my observing site info (like Jim B. inadvertently did!). It's not like it's linked to my bank account or anything, like my Allstars Platinum Account is! ;-)
              > CS,
              > Scott, in NC
              >
              > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, JANET LAMONICA <janetlamonica@> wrote:
              > >
              > > too late.  we've already emptied your bank account.  you only had 7 bucks in checking?  just kidding.  john
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • RTLRP12
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
                John, it looks like your account is still password protected. It wouldn't let me get into the account without it.

                Stan

                --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@...> wrote:

                > Haha, John. Actually the worst case scenario would be that someone might change my observing site info (like Jim B. inadvertently did!). It's not like it's linked to my bank account or anything, like my Allstars Platinum Account is! ;-)
                > CS,
                > Scott, in NC
                >
                > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, JANET LAMONICA <janetlamonica@> wrote:
                > >
                > > too late.  we've already emptied your bank account.  you only had 7 bucks in checking?  just kidding.  john
                > >

                > > ________________________________

              • Scott in NC
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
                  Thanks for letting me know, Stan--I'm relieved to hear this.
                  CS,
                  Scott, in NC

                  John, it looks like your account is still password protected. It wouldn't let me get into the account without it.

                  Stan

                  --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@...> wrote:

                  > Haha, John. Actually the worst case scenario would be that someone might change my observing site info (like Jim B. inadvertently did!). It's not like it's linked to my bank account or anything, like my Allstars Platinum Account is! ;-)
                  > CS,
                  > Scott, in NC
                  >
                  > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, JANET LAMONICA <janetlamonica@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > too late. we've already emptied your bank account. you only had 7 bucks in checking? just kidding. john
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________

                • H P
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
                    Hey Scott,

                    As I was telling Jim B., the seeing that morning wasn't the best, so my subs suffer from that. I may process them later, or go for C/2009 P1 again this weekend. I'll be back in the NC mtns. tomorrow afternoon. God's country, fer sure!!!

                    The comet is supposed to be closest to Earth on March 5th, so it should be at its brightest rat around now.

                    Better skies,

                    Perry

                    PS: You can use heavens above.com anonymously, you know, by NOT signing in! I resent Jim that chart showing C/2009 P1 by doing it that way.

                    Geeeeezzzzz... <8^}

                    --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, Scott in NC <ssatko@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks for the info, Perry! So, do you have any images that are ready to share?
                    > CS,
                    > Scott, in NC

                  • scott_nc
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
                      Thanks, Perry! I know you can use Heavens Above anonymously, but the reason I have an account is that the main reason I use it is for its satellite tracking info. Unfortunately, I was logged in when I posted the link, which inadvertently gave everyone my account info. Anyway, it's fixed now. :-)
                      CS,
                      Scott, in NC

                      --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "H P" <hpholcomb@...> wrote:

                      > Hey Scott,
                      >
                      > As I was telling Jim B., the seeing that morning wasn't the best, so my subs suffer from that. I may process them later, or go for C/2009 P1 again this weekend. I'll be back in the NC mtns. tomorrow afternoon. God's country, fer sure!!!
                      >
                      > The comet is supposed to be closest to Earth on March 5th, so it should be at its brightest rat around now.
                      >
                      > Better skies,
                      >
                      > Perry
                      >
                      > PS: You can use heavens above.com anonymously, you know, by NOT signing in! I resent Jim that chart showing C/2009 P1 by doing it that way.
                      >
                      > Geeeeezzzzz... <8^}
                      >

                      > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, Scott in NC <ssatko@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for the info, Perry! So, do you have any images that are ready to share?
                      > > CS,
                      > > Scott, in NC

                    • DavidB
                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 29, 2012
                        Wow Scott, you screw up and a good thing happens like dragging John into the white hot glare of the Stellarvue Universe. Good job.

                        John,

                        I'd like to issue a belated welcome to the group, stick around. As an owner of a 90T (SV90T Fluorite circa 2006)I know what a great scope you own. You have had a year of observing with that baby so share some of it with us. It is especially nice on a night like to night here on PA, wind, snow flurries, rain, fog and a toasty 37 being the only reason it's not worse. So help out an arm chair bound fellow SV90T owner with some tails or trials about your baby.

                        David B.

                        Pen Argyl, PA

                        --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "JLA" <janetlamonica@...> wrote:

                        > that sounds even worse. I'm glad you have a sense of humor. I was thinking this poor guy doesn't even know me and I'm making fun of him. I got involved with stellarvue last year, with a SVR 90 T. I've been lurking all this time. it starts to feel like you know everyone even though you don't. anyway, good luck with your new password. john
                        >
                        > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Haha, John. Actually the worst case scenario would be that someone might change my observing site info (like Jim B. inadvertently did!). It's not like it's linked to my bank account or anything, like my Allstars Platinum Account is! ;-)
                        > > CS,
                        > > Scott, in NC
                        > >
                        > > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, JANET LAMONICA <janetlamonica@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > too late.  we've already emptied your bank account.  you only had 7 bucks in checking?  just kidding.  john
                        > > >

                        > > > ________________________________

                      • JLA
                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 1, 2012
                          hi david b. thanks for the welcome. we live here in chicago so the light pollution is a problem, but even so, the views are unreal. we also have a home in the country which we haven't been able to get to this year as often as usual. wouldn't you know it. I've recently acquired Sky safari which has really made things much easier. I'm brand new to astronomy. this is actually my second scope. the first was a cheap scope which didn't work very well other than viewing the moon. everytime I take this scope out I'm at a loss for words. I've started cataloging the messier objects but with a light pole right behind your deck it's very difficult. orion, wow. if you want to gauge my reaction at first light, look at customer comments in the SVR 90 T section of the stellarvue site. saturn blew me away. jupiter, unreal. we haven't been out to the country yet since thanksgiving or since receiving my sky safari. Can't wait. my sky safari will do just that. take me on a sky safari. I'll be chasing every astronomical animal and mythical myth out there. look out. ps. my family thinks I flipped. john

                          --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "DavidB" <z32lunacity@...> wrote:

                          > Wow Scott, you screw up and a good thing happens like dragging John into the white hot glare of the Stellarvue Universe. Good job.
                          >
                          > John,
                          >
                          > I'd like to issue a belated welcome to the group, stick around. As an owner of a 90T (SV90T Fluorite circa 2006)I know what a great scope you own. You have had a year of observing with that baby so share some of it with us. It is especially nice on a night like to night here on PA, wind, snow flurries, rain, fog and a toasty 37 being the only reason it's not worse. So help out an arm chair bound fellow SV90T owner with some tails or trials about your baby.
                          >
                          > David B.
                          >
                          > Pen Argyl, PA
                          >
                          > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "JLA" <janetlamonica@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > that sounds even worse. I'm glad you have a sense of humor. I was thinking this poor guy doesn't even know me and I'm making fun of him. I got involved with stellarvue last year, with a SVR 90 T. I've been lurking all this time. it starts to feel like you know everyone even though you don't. anyway, good luck with your new password. john
                          > >
                          > > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Haha, John. Actually the worst case scenario would be that someone might change my observing site info (like Jim B. inadvertently did!). It's not like it's linked to my bank account or anything, like my Allstars Platinum Account is! ;-)
                          > > > CS,
                          > > > Scott, in NC

                        • Scott in NC
                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 1, 2012
                            Hi John,
                            If your reaction to astronomy in general and your new SV scope in particular is that "my family thinks I've flipped," then you'll fit in perfectly well with this group! :-) Welcome to the club.
                            Clear skies,
                            Scott, in NC

                            hi david b. thanks for the welcome. we live here in chicago so the light pollution is a problem, but even so, the views are unreal. we also have a home in the country which we haven't been able to get to this year as often as usual. wouldn't you know it. I've recently acquired Sky safari which has really made things much easier. I'm brand new to astronomy. this is actually my second scope. the first was a cheap scope which didn't work very well other than viewing the moon. everytime I take this scope out I'm at a loss for words. I've started cataloging the messier objects but with a light pole right behind your deck it's very difficult. orion, wow. if you want to gauge my reaction at first light, look at customer comments in the SVR 90 T section of the stellarvue site. saturn blew me away. jupiter, unreal. we haven't been out to the country yet since thanksgiving or since receiving my sky safari. Can't wait. my sky safari will do just that. take me on a sky safari. I'll be chasing every astronomical animal and mythical myth out there. look out. ps. my family thinks I flipped. john

                            --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "DavidB" <z32lunacity@...> wrote:

                            > Wow Scott, you screw up and a good thing happens like dragging John into the white hot glare of the Stellarvue Universe. Good job.
                            >
                            > John,
                            >
                            > I'd like to issue a belated welcome to the group, stick around. As an owner of a 90T (SV90T Fluorite circa 2006)I know what a great scope you own. You have had a year of observing with that baby so share some of it with us. It is especially nice on a night like to night here on PA, wind, snow flurries, rain, fog and a toasty 37 being the only reason it's not worse. So help out an arm chair bound fellow SV90T owner with some tails or trials about your baby.
                            >
                            > David B.
                            >
                            > Pen Argyl, PA
                            >
                            > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "JLA" <janetlamonica@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > that sounds even worse. I'm glad you have a sense of humor. I was thinking this poor guy doesn't even know me and I'm making fun of him. I got involved with stellarvue last year, with a SVR 90 T. I've been lurking all this time. it starts to feel like you know everyone even though you don't. anyway, good luck with your new password. john
                            > >
                            > > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Haha, John. Actually the worst case scenario would be that someone might change my observing site info (like Jim B. inadvertently did!). It's not like it's linked to my bank account or anything, like my Allstars Platinum Account is! ;-)
                            > > > CS,
                            > > > Scott, in NC

                          • JLA
                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 1, 2012
                              thanks scott. I keep telling them. would you but a 40 room house and only look at one room? or never go in the back yard? get out there people. john

                              --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, Scott in NC <ssatko@...> wrote:

                              > Hi John,
                              > If your reaction to astronomy in general and your new SV scope in particular is that "my family thinks I've flipped," then you'll fit in perfectly well with this group! :-) Welcome to the club.
                              > Clear skies,
                              > Scott, in NC

                            • Scott in NC
                              Message 14 of 22 , Mar 1, 2012
                                I like that, John! :-)

                                thanks scott. I keep telling them. would you but a 40 room house and only look at one room? or never go in the back yard? get out there people. john

                                --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, Scott in NC <ssatko@...> wrote:

                                > Hi John,
                                > If your reaction to astronomy in general and your new SV scope in particular is that "my family thinks I've flipped," then you'll fit in perfectly well with this group! :-) Welcome to the club.
                                > Clear skies,
                                > Scott, in NC

                              • DavidB
                                Message 15 of 22 , Mar 1, 2012
                                  John,

                                  We often call what you experienced as "having your socks knocked off". Some of us even claim to have trained their dogs to retrieve these lost socks. Don't worry about what the family thinks we know you're crazy. You're welcome to hang here with the rest of us crazes we understand you passion.

                                  David B.

                                  Pen Argyl, PA

                                  --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "JLA" <janetlamonica@...> wrote:

                                  > hi david b. thanks for the welcome. we live here in chicago so the light pollution is a problem, but even so, the views are unreal. we also have a home in the country which we haven't been able to get to this year as often as usual. wouldn't you know it. I've recently acquired Sky safari which has really made things much easier. I'm brand new to astronomy. this is actually my second scope. the first was a cheap scope which didn't work very well other than viewing the moon. everytime I take this scope out I'm at a loss for words. I've started cataloging the messier objects but with a light pole right behind your deck it's very difficult. orion, wow. if you want to gauge my reaction at first light, look at customer comments in the SVR 90 T section of the stellarvue site. saturn blew me away. jupiter, unreal. we haven't been out to the country yet since thanksgiving or since receiving my sky safari. Can't wait. my sky safari will do just that. take me on a sky safari. I'll be chasing every astronomical animal and mythical myth out there. look out. ps. my family thinks I flipped. john
                                  >
                                  > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "DavidB" <z32lunacity@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Wow Scott, you screw up and a good thing happens like dragging John into the white hot glare of the Stellarvue Universe. Good job.
                                  > >
                                  > > John,
                                  > >
                                  > > I'd like to issue a belated welcome to the group, stick around. As an owner of a 90T (SV90T Fluorite circa 2006)I know what a great scope you own. You have had a year of observing with that baby so share some of it with us. It is especially nice on a night like to night here on PA, wind, snow flurries, rain, fog and a toasty 37 being the only reason it's not worse. So help out an arm chair bound fellow SV90T owner with some tails or trials about your baby.
                                  > >
                                  > > David B.
                                  > >
                                  > > Pen Argyl, PA
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "JLA" <janetlamonica@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > that sounds even worse. I'm glad you have a sense of humor. I was thinking this poor guy doesn't even know me and I'm making fun of him. I got involved with stellarvue last year, with a SVR 90 T. I've been lurking all this time. it starts to feel like you know everyone even though you don't. anyway, good luck with your new password. john

                                • H P
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Mar 2, 2012
                                    Hey all,

                                    Getting back on topic...

                                    Garradd C/2009 P1 is now circumpolar, as Jim B. and I have been discussing thru PMs.

                                    It's become a night or a morning comet!

                                    Better skies,

                                    Perry