Re: Peter's M31.../

  • Bruce Agee
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2012
      Thanks for the link, Scott! I had no idea how to find the image. I'm just not that familiar with this site, yet.

      Great photos, Peter.

      I have a dumb newby question, Peter. How are you figuring f/ratio in those photos?

      Thanks

      - Bruce

      --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@...> wrote:

      > Well done, Peter! I added a link so that others can find your fine image more easily.
      > CS,
      > Scott, in NC
      >
      > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "David and Sharon Elosser" <pde444@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Maybe Peter Markwort posted about it and I missed it, but he recently uploaded a stunning image of M31 into his photos folder. Check out the current new photos link on the main page.
      > >
      > > David E

    • Scott in NC
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 19, 2012
        Hi Bruce,
        If you go to the SV Yahoo Group home page, at the top of the page there's a link that says "New Photos." All you have to do is click on that. Don't be embarrassed, as I think it took me a few years to figure that one out!
        CS,
        Scott, in NC
        To: Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com
        From: brucea@...
        Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:14:52 +0000
        Subject: [Stellarvue] Re: Peter's M31.../

        Thanks for the link, Scott! I had no idea how to find the image. I'm just not that familiar with this site, yet.

        Great photos, Peter.

        I have a dumb newby question, Peter. How are you figuring f/ratio in those photos?

        Thanks

        - Bruce

        --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "scott_nc" <ssatko@...> wrote:

        > Well done, Peter! I added a link so that others can find your fine image more easily.

        > CS,

        > Scott, in NC

        > --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, "David and Sharon Elosser" <pde444@> wrote:

        > > Maybe Peter Markwort posted about it and I missed it, but he recently uploaded a stunning image of M31 into his photos folder. Check out the current new photos link on the main page.

        > > David E

      • Bruce Agee
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 19, 2012
          THAT would explain it. My bookmark skips the Home page and goes straight to Messages. Now I know. (You always learn more from your failures than from your successes).

          Now back to the Mars Photos ...

          - Bruce

          --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, Scott in NC <ssatko@...> wrote:

          > Hi Bruce,
          > If you go to the SV Yahoo Group home page, at the top of the page there's a link that says "New Photos." All you have to do is click on that. Don't be embarrassed, as I think it took me a few years to figure that one out!
          > CS,
          > Scott, in NC
          > To: Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com
          > From: brucea@...
          > Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:14:52 +0000
          > Subject: [Stellarvue] Re: Peter's M31.../

        • Scott in NC
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 19, 2012
            Don't feel bad, Bruce. My bookmark skips the home page too (which could explain why it took me a few years to figure it out!).
            CS,
            Scott, in NC
            To: Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com
            From: brucea@...
            Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:24:07 +0000

            THAT would explain it. My bookmark skips the Home page and goes straight to Messages. Now I know. (You always learn more from your failures than from your successes).

            Now back to the Mars Photos ...

            - Bruce

            --- In Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com, Scott in NC <ssatko@...> wrote:

            > Hi Bruce,

            > If you go to the SV Yahoo Group home page, at the top of the page there's a link that says "New Photos." All you have to do is click on that. Don't be embarrassed, as I think it took me a few years to figure that one out!

            > CS,

            > Scott, in NC

            > To: Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com

            > From: brucea@...

            > Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:14:52 +0000

            > Subject: [Stellarvue] Re: Peter's M31.../

          • Craig Temple
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 20, 2012
              It is definitely a beautiful image! Great work Peter!!
              - C&T

              On 2/19/2012 5:00 PM, David and Sharon Elosser wrote:

              > Maybe Peter Markwort posted about it and I missed it, but he recently
              > uploaded a stunning image of M31 into his photos folder. Check out the
              > current new photos link on the main page.
              >
              > David E

            • Peter Markwort
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 21, 2012
                I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments

                Peter