Aristarchus Plateau with SV102ED

  • Jim...
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2009
      This region is always fascinating to expolore a few days before full moon. The plateau looks like a square block floating on Oceanus Procellarum. Resolution in this image is not great, but there is some hint of the Marius Rille in the lower left corner. Two of the more prominent rilles can be seen near flooded crater Prinz.

      http://www.lafterhall.com/dmk_sv102ed_aristarchus_30oct09_001.jpg

      Having some kind of good time now.
      Jim
      Livermore CA
    • k75jim@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
        Jim,

        Thanks for posting the shot. This is one of my favorite lunar areas. When it's lighted just right, there is a wealth of interesting features there.

        Clear, dark skies,

        Jim S.
        Redlands, CA

        .