130208Re: [Stellarvue] Latest SVQ100 image

  • Dave Weixelman
    Aug 18, 2014
      Jon - beautiful image of the Propeller Nebula!  You picked up lots of faint nebulosity in that one.

      From: "Stellarvue" <Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com>
      To: "Stellarvue" <Stellarvue@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 8:16:22 PM
      Subject: [Stellarvue] Latest SVQ100 image

      Hi folks,Attached is a link to the latest image I was able to put together using the SVQ and 2 camera's, STL 11K and QSI 583.  Its rare for me to get much imaging time in the summer due to daily thunderstorms and lots of clouds off the Gulf of Mexico.  This summer has been a bit better and I was able to capture 8-10 good nights in July and this past week to shoot a faint emission nebula in Cygnus called the Propeller Nebula.  I first imaged this in LRGB using the STL 11K camera and its wide field of view.  Disappointed due to my suburban skies and the faint nature of this object, I also imaged it in Ha using my QSI camera.  I combined the color from the STL with the Ha exposures from the QSI camera to create the composite on the web page.  There is a link on the page to just the Ha image and the less dramatic and larger FOV STL image.Propeller Nebula_July 14Best,Jon Talbot

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic