Re: BILLBOARD RESULTS

  • jmy67
    Message 1 of 6538 , Mar 1, 2001
      From Yahoo/Rolling Stone news:<br><br>Chart Kind
      to Grammy Winners <br><br>While none of the winners
      at the forty-third annual Grammys dented SoundScan's
      Top Ten, the awards show did prove to be a
      decision-maker for record buyers. U2 and Steely Dan, two of the
      evening's biggest winners, saw the sales of All That You
      Can't Leave Behind and Two Against Nature,
      respectively, soar after picking up three statues
      each.<br><br>For U2, the Grammy boost left them just shy of the
      Top Ten, as sales of All That You Can't Leave Behind
      jumped 36,744 units to 85,430 and put it in the Number
      Eleven slot (from Number Thirty-five last week), while
      their Best of U2: 1980-1990 also saw a slight sales
      boost (from 7,014 to 8,432). Steely Dan didn't exactly
      waltz into the top region of the charts, but Two
      Against Nature displayed the most visible growth of the
      Grammy collectors. The album failed to make SoundScan's
      Top 200 last week (and the previous week, and the
      previous week . . .), but found a spot this week at Number
      Fifty-four, moving 31,922 copies, compared to 3,765 copies
      the week prior.
    • zeezee369
      Message 6538 of 6538 , Aug 10, 2007
        Hi Katie-

        The live people have migrated...

        Since you have come here hoping to find actual
        Steely Dan content, you should know that all
        the Dan fans have moved to a great MODERATED
        group, where bots are shown to the door.

        Here's the link to the group in question:

        zeez