"Space Adventures Flies UK's 'Space Cadets' on a Zero-Gravity Flight"

  • Monart Pon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
      April 25, 2006

      Space Adventures, Ltd., the world's leading space experiences company, announced today that Endemol UK, a TV production company that produced the reality TV show 'Space Cadets', purchased a Zero-Gravity charter flight for their contestants.

      Endemol UK presented the Zero-Gravity charter to the contestants on the last show of the season earlier this year.

      "We are excited to have the 'Space Cadets' fly a Zero-Gravity flight with us," said Eric Anderson, president and CEO of Space Adventures. "Their desire to experience spaceflight and their love of adventure is what originally led them to apply for the show. Those qualities are shared by many of us here and by most of our clients, so we are happy to provide this space experience to them on behalf of Endemol."

      Space Adventures, the only company to have successfully launched private explorers to space, is headquartered in Vienna, Va. with offices in Cape Canaveral, Fla., Moscow and Tokyo. It offers a variety of programs such as the availability today for orbital spaceflight missions to the International Space Station, commercial missions around the moon, Zero-Gravity and MiG flights, cosmonaut training, spaceflight qualification programs and reservations on future suborbital spacecrafts. The company's advisory board comprises Apollo 11 moonwalker Buzz Aldrin, shuttle astronauts Kathy Thornton, Robert (Hoot) Gibson, Charles Walker, Norm Thagard, Sam Durrance, Byron Lichtenberg, Pierre Thuot and Skylab astronaut Owen Garriott.

      http://www.spaceadventures.com/media/releases/2006-04/381
    • Monart Pon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006