Space Art

  • Dennis L. May
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
      Does anyone have links to web-sites showing O'Neill colonies artwork
      with quality like on the home of this web-site?

      Dennis
    • Monart Pon
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
        Dennis L. May wrote:

        > Does anyone have links to web-sites showing O'Neill colonies artwork
        > with quality like on the home of this web-site?

        There are many sites that carry depictions of O'Neill colonies. The
        original artwork can be found at:
        http://www.ssi.org/space_art.html
        http://lifesci3.arc.nasa.gov/SpaceSettlement/70sArt/art.html

        -Monart
      • Dennis L. May
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
          This photo reminds me of the perspectives seen while driving in the
          mountains of Northern Arkansas.

          http://lifesci3.arc.nasa.gov/SpaceSettlement/70sArt/AC75-1883.jpeg

          Dennis May
        • Dennis L. May
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
            Overall this is the best space art photo I saw among the
            links Monart provided.

            http://lifesci3.arc.nasa.gov/SpaceSettlement/70sArt/AC75-1086-1.jpeg

            Dennis
          • Monart Pon
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6, 2005
              Dennis L. May wrote:

              > Overall this is the best space art photo I saw among the
              > links Monart provided.
              >
              > http://lifesci3.arc.nasa.gov/SpaceSettlement/70sArt/AC75-1086-1.jpeg

              The spinning-wheel design depicted is a city- or small county-size
              habitat, compared to the state-sized, cylindrical depicted that reminded
              Dennis of northern Arkansas.
              http://lifesci3.arc.nasa.gov/SpaceSettlement/70sArt/AC75-1883.jpeg

              This size of wheel doesn't have a high enough sky to form clouds and
              weather, or to have mountains, lakes, rivers, and far horizons.
              Conceivably, a large enough wheel (like in Larry Niven's _Ringworld_)
              could also hold the vast urban and rural areas of a state-size
              population. A city wheel, though, would be easier to build (or not? -in
              the long term) than a state cylinder.

              I'd like to live in either one (if the political system is free enough,
              of course).

              -Monart
            • Space Patroller Laser
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 27, 2007
                We now have our own Space Art Gallery. This makes us competitive with any space site in the Universe. it is on the Blue Line, the Official Staff Car and RoboCab programs or use

                http://www.spacepatrol.us/artgallery1.html

                We are truly becoming a vertual online city:

                Thanks to all those who participate in some way.

                Space Patroller Laser: Visit me at

                http://spacepatroller.friendpages.com

                Live the Continuing Adventure at...

                http://www.SpacePatrol.us