Re: Mal's Song

  • Ed Minchau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
      --- In Starship_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis L. May"
      <determinism@h...> wrote:
      > Ed Minchau wrote:
      >
      > "Greetings from sunny Florida. I've started working
      > for a private space company down here. One of the
      > things I am doing is designing a micro-rocket, capable
      > of launching a "nanosatellite" (total satellite
      > mass ~ 300 grams) into low earth orbit."
      >
      > I would be very interested in hearing the details
      > of this as they become available. Is this any
      > information available to the public at the present
      > time?
      >
      > Dennis May

      This is sort of a second-tier project for us right now, and we're
      only about halfway through the design stage. We have acquired about
      80% of the material required to build the rockets - yes, plural.

      I can say for certain that we are going to piss a lot of people off,
      particularly at NASA.

      When we get closer to launch I will provide some details like
      projected orbits, photographs of the satellites and rockets, what
      frequency to listen to, that sort of thing. We'll probably put up a
      webpage that will have the relevant details. I'll keep you posted
      as we pass our milestones.

      Ed