Shipwrecked traveler

  • Mary-Ann A.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hello all:

      Many thanks for the offlist replies I received to my last few posts, which
      seem like so long ago!

      I essentially blew up my computer on May 24; and, after battling one final
      piece of frustration standing in the way of full functionality for the last
      4 days, I restored my system to its state "on the day it was bought" (thanks
      to the miracle of Compaq Restore CDRom) and have proceeded to start all over
      again.

      At least I have email and internet back! It amazed me to realize how much
      I'd grown to take it for granted, like turning on a faucet and -- of
      course! -- getting water! (As I say this, we are in the midst of a drought,
      with some communities imposing restrictions and others thinking about it.
      The entire State of Colorado has recently been declared a disaster area, due
      to impacts on crops.)

      Getting back my links to the outside world is worth the pain of getting
      everything back the way I want it on my system again. Nice to be back :-)

      Mary-Ann