Re: [StarfleetRegion2] Charity auction items

  • Matt Ebeling
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
      Its set up as a charity, this is the exact quote out
      of the Con listing. I do not lend my name to anything
      that is not legit, since I am a former police officer
      as well as still in the public safety field. Again,
      any questions or comments, please send them to my
      email, no sense cluttering up the boards.

      matt.ebeling@...

      "TrekTrak Charity Auction, Hosted by Harlan Ellison &
      Friends

      TrekTrak's fourth annual charity auction benefiting
      the Ed Kramer Legal Defense Fund, hosted by Harlan
      Ellison, Bill Fawcett and Brad Linaweaver. Bring your
      cash, checkbook or credit card and bid on some
      wonderful collectibles. Send email if you'd like to
      donate an item to this very worthy cause. All
      donations are made through the National Center for
      Reason and Justice, a 501(c)(3) charitable
      organization, and are tax-deductible."

      --- PDMohney@... wrote:

      > <<The gentleman that is hosting Trek Trak at this
      > years Dragon*con
      > here is Atlanta is looking for any items that you
      > might be willing
      > to donate to a Star Trek auction to help raise money
      > for a legal
      > defense fund for one of the former Dragon*con hosts.
      > If you have
      > anything that you are willing to donate and can get
      > it to the con by
      > this weekend, it would be greatly appreciated. It is
      > a charity, and
      > it is tax exempt. If you would like further info,
      > please feel free
      > to email me. Thank you in advance, and I appreciate
      > your help.>>
      >
      > It might be a good idea to clue people in on the
      > details of just what is
      > going on with this legal defense fund, while you are
      > asking people to contribute
      > to it. I doubt very much that donating to help pay
      > someone's legal expenses
      > counts as a charity, either.
      >
      > Pete Mohney
      > pdmohney@...

      > removed]

      =====
      Matthew Ebeling
      Owner, Tactical Rescue EMS
      www.tacticalrescue.com

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
    • Matt Ebeling
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
        Since more information was requested regarding this, I will post here. Thanks again.

        http://www.dragoncon.org/people/kramere.html

        http://www.edkramer.org/

        Matt

        Matthew Ebeling
        Owner, Tactical Rescue EMS
        www.tacticalrescue.com

      • Max Schoenfeld
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
          Hmm.

          What did he do so wrong to need his own legal defense fund? j/k :)

          Max

          First off, let me preface this by saying that I am not sure if I can
          send this over the group, so if I am not supposed to, I apologize in
          advance and ask that all responses be sent to me at
          matt.ebeling@...

          Thanks!

          The gentleman that is hosting Trek Trak at this years Dragon*con
          here is Atlanta is looking for any items that you might be willing
          to donate to a Star Trek auction to help raise money for a legal
          defense fund for one of the former Dragon*con hosts. If you have
          anything that you are willing to donate and can get it to the con by
          this weekend, it would be greatly appreciated. It is a charity, and
          it is tax exempt. If you would like further info, please feel free
          to email me. Thank you in advance, and I appreciate your help.

          Matt

          To start sending messages to members of this group,
          simply send email to StarfleetRegion2@yahoogroups.com

          If you do not wish to belong to StarfleetRegion2, you may
          unsubscribe by sending an email to
          StarfleetRegion2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          You may also visit the Yahoo! Groups web site to modify your
          subscriptions: http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lu2u6e/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
          D=groups/S=1705034829:HM/EXP=1094073294/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*htt
          p:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
          s/S=:HM/A=2319498/rand=434121026>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kaileen Gibbs
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
            I find this to be a very valid question, Max, and one
            I was curious about. Why does this person need a
            legal defense fund and why would we want to support
            that?

            Kai'leen
            --- Max Schoenfeld <max@...> wrote:

            > Hmm.
            >
            > What did he do so wrong to need his own legal
            > defense fund? j/k :)
            >
            > Max

            =====
            Kai'leen Gibbs
            kaileen_gibbs@...
            The Kai of Region 2!

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
          • TrekNoid@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
              In a message dated 8/31/04 10:44:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
              kaileen_gibbs@... writes:

              > I find this to be a very valid question, Max, and one I was curious about.
              Why does
              > this person need a legal defense fund and why would we want to support
              that?

              Matt provided links to all the information regarding Mr. Kramer's issues...
              I'd rather not have this issue debated on the R2 listserv... as that would
              benefit nobody... and likely lead to a series of extremely passionate postings
              from people from various points-of-view.

              I'd *much* rather folks just go read the information Matt provided
              (_http://www.edkramer.org_ (http://www.edkramer.org) ), and make an informed decision
              for themselves whether to support Mr. Kramer's causes...

              I'm stopping short of killing the discussion altogether, because I'd like
              folks to feel free to bring items of interest forward in the future... but I
              *really* don't want this to become an issue of 'honor' or 'advocacy'...

              If you're inclined to help out Mr. Kramer, then go check out his site...
              otherwise, let it go...

              Danny Potts
              StarfleetRegion2 Moderator
              _TrekNoid@..._ (mailto:TrekNoid@...)

            • Max Schoenfeld
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
                Sorry Danny. :(

                Max

                kaileen_gibbs@... writes:

                > I find this to be a very valid question, Max, and one I was curious
                about.
                Why does
                > this person need a legal defense fund and why would we want to
                support
                that?

                Matt provided links to all the information regarding Mr. Kramer's
                issues...
                I'd rather not have this issue debated on the R2 listserv... as that
                would
                benefit nobody... and likely lead to a series of extremely passionate
                postings
                from people from various points-of-view.

                I'd *much* rather folks just go read the information Matt provided
                (_http://www.edkramer.org_ (http://www.edkramer.org) ), and make an
                informed decision
                for themselves whether to support Mr. Kramer's causes...

                I'm stopping short of killing the discussion altogether, because I'd
                like
                folks to feel free to bring items of interest forward in the future...
                but I
                *really* don't want this to become an issue of 'honor' or 'advocacy'...

                If you're inclined to help out Mr. Kramer, then go check out his site...

                otherwise, let it go...

                Danny Potts
                StarfleetRegion2 Moderator
                _TrekNoid@..._ (mailto:TrekNoid@...)

                To start sending messages to members of this group,
                simply send email to StarfleetRegion2@yahoogroups.com

                If you do not wish to belong to StarfleetRegion2, you may
                unsubscribe by sending an email to
                StarfleetRegion2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                You may also visit the Yahoo! Groups web site to modify your
                subscriptions: http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296ueavu/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
                D=groups/S=1705034829:HM/EXP=1094097140/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
                p:/companion.yahoo.com> click here

                s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=781196110>

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Matt Ebeling
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
                  Thanks Danny,

                  Like I said, wasn't sure if I could post it. Was throwing it out there because its something I believe in. Its also why I asked people to respond to me personally and not on the boards....

                  matt

                  kaileen_gibbs@... writes:

                  > I find this to be a very valid question, Max, and one I was curious about.
                  Why does
                  > this person need a legal defense fund and why would we want to support
                  that?

                  Matt provided links to all the information regarding Mr. Kramer's issues...
                  I'd rather not have this issue debated on the R2 listserv... as that would
                  benefit nobody... and likely lead to a series of extremely passionate postings
                  from people from various points-of-view.

                  I'd *much* rather folks just go read the information Matt provided
                  (_http://www.edkramer.org_ (http://www.edkramer.org) ), and make an informed decision
                  for themselves whether to support Mr. Kramer's causes...

                  I'm stopping short of killing the discussion altogether, because I'd like
                  folks to feel free to bring items of interest forward in the future... but I
                  *really* don't want this to become an issue of 'honor' or 'advocacy'...

                  If you're inclined to help out Mr. Kramer, then go check out his site...
                  otherwise, let it go...

                  Danny Potts
                  StarfleetRegion2 Moderator
                  _TrekNoid@..._ (mailto:TrekNoid@...)

                  To start sending messages to members of this group,
                  simply send email to StarfleetRegion2@yahoogroups.com

                  If you do not wish to belong to StarfleetRegion2, you may
                  unsubscribe by sending an email to
                  StarfleetRegion2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  You may also visit the Yahoo! Groups web site to modify your
                  subscriptions: http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Matthew Ebeling
                  Owner, Tactical Rescue EMS
                  www.tacticalrescue.com

                • W. Michael Henigan
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 1 3:36 AM
                    On 8/31/04 11:25 PM, "Max Schoenfeld" <max@...> wrote:

                    > Hmm.
                    >
                    > What did he do so wrong to need his own legal defense fund? j/k :)
                    >
                    > Max

                    I wasn¹t going to jump in here, but I fell like I had an obligation to do
                    so, seeing I am on DragonCon staff and have been for over 10 years. :)

                    As I said I am on DragonCon staff where I am morning shift leader in Guest
                    Hospitality, I have known Ed Kramer for over 10 years, in fact Ed helped me
                    get my first job when I moved to Atlanta. Ed¹s a nice guy and has been so
                    active in the Southeast Science Fiction/Literary Communities for a lot of
                    years. Ed is one of the three founders of DragonCon which has been going on
                    in Atlanta for a lot of years. In fact, Ed was the biggest supporter of
                    STAERFLEET IC 95 that the Atlanta ships hosted here in Atlanta in 1995.

                    Ed is a prolific writer of anthologies and is personal friends with a lot of
                    actors, writers, authors etc. He¹s a nice guy to know, a bit eccentric, but
                    lots of fun to be around.

                    Ed does have personal problems of which you can follow that links provided
                    and read about for yourself. I personally wanted to tell people a little
                    about Ed from a person locally who knows him, so you have a little more info
                    about him.

                    Speaking of DragonCon..time to get ready for one of the countries Largest
                    Science Fiction Conventions...325 guests, 20,000 fans!

                    Mike
                    ...proud DragonCon Staff member for over 10 years...who has the
                    commemorative watch to prove it (g)

                  • James Gibbs
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 1 7:57 PM
                      (borrowing husband's account for a sec)

                      Sorry, but I didn't receive Matt's email with the links until *after*
                      I received Max's. That's why I asked the question.

                      But it's a dead issue now anyway.

                      Kai'leen