Some News For All The ST Model Builders Out There

  • Robert McNay
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2008

      I was at the iHobbyExpo today, in the neighboring suburb of Rosemont. The guy who started Playing Mantis/Polar Lights and sold it to Racing Champions, has started a new company called Round 2. He has licensed all the Polar Lights, AMT and MPC kits from Racing Champions and is starting to release them again. This includes the Star Trek line.

      They are rereleasing of the original TOS Enterprise AMT kit in the original packaging, a D7, the NX01, the 1/350 1701A with new decals for the Aztec paint scheme and a 1/1400 1701E. The rep said that they were going to be concentrating on 1/1000 and 1/350 scale kits from here on out. The next 1/350 might be a TOS 1701.

      The thing I found really interesting was, all they had was a placard as a teaser, they are going to be doing 1/1000 USS Thunderchild, the Akira Class ship. Hopefully, if they keep up their previous quality, this should be a really nice ship.

      Rob McNay

      Chicago IL