Lsit Humor-Off Topic

  • TheCrmsnPyrut@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      This was posted to a professional list I'm on, and I couldn't resist
      reposting to every other list or group I participate in.

      How many listmembers does it take to change a lightbulb?

      One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been
      changed.
      Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
      light bulb could have been changed differently.
      Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
      Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing
      light bulbs.
      Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.
      Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".
      Another six to condemn those six as stupid.
      Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct
      spelling.
      Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take
      this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.
      Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs
      and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.
      Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where
      to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
      technique and what brands are faulty.
      Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
      Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the
      corrected URL.
      Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to
      this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
      Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including
      all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
      Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
      handle the light bulb controversy.
      Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
      Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions
      about light bulbs."
      Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

      AND

      One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now with
      something unrelated and start it all over again