Server Outage

  • TheCrmsnPyrut@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
      Hello;
      I just wanted to let everyone know that in addition to our regular problems,
      the server will be down Thursday Night sometime for backup/dvd burning.
      Sorry for any inconvenience.

    • TheCrmsnPyrut@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hello;
        This is being blind copied to multiple lists, groups, etc, so some of you may get it more than once.  The computer that I have lovingly referred to as 'The Server' for the last few years is no more.  It's demise is not entirely unexpected, but I had hoped to have a bit longer to get a replacement.  It will probably take between a few weeks to a couple of months to procure another computer, and get it set up.  Rest assured that it will be back online as soon as I can get another computer.

        In the meantime, when my schedule permits, I may try to make temporary repairs (depending on what the core failure turns out to be), or get something going on one of our laptops.  I can't promise anything (especially an ETA), and depending on the capabilities any temporary or interim solution may be for limited applications (making sure other archivists get material, uploads continuing, etc) and not for the general public.

        Rest assured that as soon as a new (or new to me) machine is available to fully take on the job everything will be restored for public consumption.  I apologize for any inconvenience.  Thank you.
      • mutantpoo
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
          Thanks for all you do !!!

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006