Hello Stitchers

  • Christine Swieszcz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11 4:39 PM
      Hello Ladies it's that time of the year again!  I know we have been quiet for quite a while but I thought maybe we could all introduce ourselves again & which team we are following, what project(s) we are working on & anything else you want to tell us about or talk about in general.  I'll get us started.

      I'm Christine in Northern Calfornia & I follow the Sharks.  I have had season tickets so I went to a lot of games though not lately, I've been sick as I always am this time of year.  Playoffs & bronchitis always seem to go together for me.  Though anticlimatic the Sharks did get the President's Trophy even though they lost their final game today.  I'm proud of them but the way they have been playing lately I am worried about the playoffs.  They just haven't been playing up to their potential.

      I recently made a quilt for a friend's graduation present & had so much fabric leftover I am making another for me.  It's one of those scrap quilts that you sew odd shaped squares to strips then cut them apart & then keep going making larger & larger pieces until you get big blocks together.  I am doing it in a color wash going from pale yellow/green to dark green/blue.  I got it from The Modern Quilt Workshop by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr.  I haven't worked on it lately I have been looking for work & that seems to be an unending process.  My plan is to work on the quilt tmro for my Easter present to me.

      Well that's enough for now.  I hope to hear from you all soon.  Have a great playoffs & let's play hockey!!!

      Christine Swieszcz
      The Chick who needs to buy a vowel in Walnut Creek, CA
      Go Sharks!!!