RE: [Standard Cirrus] One man rigging system

  • János Bauer
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 8, 2007
      Hi Tony,

      Am I allowed to scan all the drawings and share it with this group?

      Regards,

      /Janos (it seems I'm back to soaring again;)

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 8, 2007
        Hi Janos,

        Best give Tom Shipp time to see these emails and then, if he does not object, scan what you have.

        If it is helpful to the group I'm sure he won't mind others using his excellent project drawings. That's what the group is for I believe.

        I wish I had your computer skills!

        Good news that you are back soaring again.

        Regards, Tony

        Visit Your Group
        Y! Sports for TV
        Game Day Companion
        Live fantasy league
        & game stats on TV.

        Yahoo! News
        Sexual Health
        Get important
        sex health news

        Yahoo! Finance
        It's Now Personal
        Guides, news,
        advice & more.

        .

      • Tom Shipp
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 8, 2007
          Janos and Tony,
          I have no objections of you scanning the One Man Rigging drawings that I provided to Tony and
          the scanned drawings may be distributed to anyone that wants them. Good luck, would be great if
          the scanned drawings could be added to the Cirrus Web Site.

          As some of you know, I sold my Cirrus and this year the glider club that I belong to purchased a
          Cirrus for club members to fly, it has been fun flying the Cirrus again and getting club members
          checked out to fly it.
          Tom Shipp

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 8, 2007
            Hi Tom, Thanks very much for the clearance. I'm sure we all look forward to seeing Janos's skill at scanning appearing on "SC.org".

            Over to you Janos.

            Regards, TonyL SC #214

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 8, 2007
              Tom,

              I'll add them to the web site. Just send them to me.

              Jim

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 9, 2007
                Thanks Tom! I will inform this group when I'm ready.
                Regards,

                /Janos

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 10, 2007
                  thank you all !
                  I will tell you when I'll manage to produce something.

                  matthieu

                  This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain privileged information.
                  If you are not the addressee you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it.
                  If you have received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
                  Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of security reasons.
                  This access is controlled under Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.
                • Bruce D. Barnard
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 10, 2007
                    Matthieu,
                    It depends if you want a Udo Rumpf copy. I made a system that is
                    easy to build and use, plus it's inexpensive. No welding, under $100.
                    Photos are in the SN101 '56' folder. The photos are of a friend's
                    systems for a Lak17, but the concept is the same. The main difference
                    is the piece that moves the wing out of the trailer. For my Cirrus, I
                    made that piece to hold the Eberle Trailer wing cradle steel bar,
                    whereas in the photos it holds the wing leading edge. I also used
                    pneumatic tires for off field landings. I used two Home Depot hand
                    trucks for the wheel+axle systems. They're cheaper ($40/each) than
                    buying the same tires from Home Depot ($50/pair) and you get the axle
                    for free.
                    Assemble steps to help you understand the system:
                    1) pull wing out of trailer and set mid-wing trailer cradle in roller
                    2) remove spar from trailer dolly and set in hinged spar roller
                    3) walk wing tip around so spar is in position near fuselage
                    3) rotate wing and place tip on wing tip roller
                    4) insert spar in fuselage (wing tip rolls over roller)
                    5) replace wing tip roller with regular wing stand
                    6) repeat on right wing

                    I assembled in 30 minutes.
                    Regards,
                    Bruce

                    P.S.
                    I'm looking for an ASW24 to purchase, if anyone knows of one, please
                    let me know.
                  • Tony Lintott