Re: [StPhilip] All-class reunion for 2010

  • Mary Lou Schroeder
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 8 5:40 PM
      It would be wonderful to have it at CCC! I really enjoyed the 100th anniversary celebration there. A comedy revue geared toward local (Crafton-Ingram-Thornburg -West End-Rosslyn Farms-Bridgeville-Robinson Twp) places and establishments would be a possible entertainment option. Or have talented alums volunteer to sing or play an instrument for an after-dinner program.

      Also, do you only send info to people on this list? I would suggest that someone from the Alumni committee scour LinkedIn, or Facebook, or whatever people do these days to find former St Philip Alumni. Or go to high school sites' alumni section...?

      Thanks for planning!

      Mary Lou Sikora Schroeder 1966
    • StPhilip-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 10 4:50 AM
        Mary Lou, that's a great idea for performing alums. Any takers? Please let us know early so we can include you in the program.

        As for your other question about the list, this is the only one that I maintain. There are other means that we communicate to the alumni, like the bulletin and postal mailings. There is also a blog that is geared mainly toward the families of current students (http://stphilipschool.blogspot.com/).

        Because of the cost, postal mailings are limited so this Yahoo Group tends to be the main outlet for alumni news. The suggestion to tie in Facebook and other social networks is a good one and something we'll try to explore. Remember that all of this is volunteer operated and our volunteers only have so much time to offer (hint, hint). Adding another social network or two does include some added work.

        One thing to keep in mind is that we are an "opt-in" group. We don't add peoples' email addresses without their permission. Yahoo Groups has a pretty large presence on the web and it makes it easy for people to find us. Make sure you mention the group to your classmates when you see them.

        Your moderator

      • ariverboater@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 10 6:22 AM
          Hello,
          I have a question, when are you considered a St. Philip Alum? My daughter graduated in 08 which I am sure is too young. But our family is a hugh supporter of St. Philip School.
          Pam Palchowski
        • rich_sobo
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 10 7:31 AM
            --- In StPhilip@yahoogroups.com, ariverboater@... wrote:

            > Hello,
            > I have a question, when are you considered a St. Philip Alum? My daughter graduated in 08 which I am sure is too young. But our family is a hugh supporter of St. Philip School.
            > Pam Palchowski

            Pam your daughter is certainly considered an alum. Anyone who is a supporter of the school is welcome to join our Yahoo Group and attend our functions. The "official" name of the group is "Friends of Saint Philip School" so don't feel left out even if you did not personally attend the school.

            The only time when there are more "requirements" is when we consider nominations for the annual Distinguished Graduate award. The nominee for that does need to have attended the school and must be at least 10 years beyond graduation.
          • Colleen Rittler
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 13 12:59 PM
              I think this is a good idea. I am not concerned about entertainment. I think seeing our old classmates is enough but whatever is decided is fine with me. Thanks for all your efforts.

              Colleen and Mike Rittler
            • saunteringspirit@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 26 1:23 PM
                Hello, I attended St. Phillips 1946,thru 1954...but moved out of state
                before graduation. Would be very interested in attending any reunion. Eileen
              • Mary Lou Schroeder
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 19, 2010
                  Have final plans been made for the reunion?

                  Mary Lou Sikora Schroeder, '66
                • StPhilip-owner@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 20, 2010
                    Mary Lou, you must be a mind reader! I just received additional details for the reunion event last night. Please check the next post...