Passing of Monsignor Robert P. Garland, 1926-2008

  • Rich Sobocinski
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      It is with great sadness that I post this message. Monsignor Garland
      passed away on June 26. His funeral Mass was on Monday, June 30 at St.
      Philip Church. Monsignor was pastor at St. Philip for 17 years, from
      1969 to 1986. He was very involved with the children at the school and
      he was a significant figure for me, personally.

      Contributions may be made in his name to the Little Sisters of the Poor
      1028 Benton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA. Monsignor was in the care of the
      Little Sisters when he entered his eternal life.

      Monsignor's obituary notice may be found here
      <http://www.legacy.com/postgazette/Obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=1\
      12379500> .

      Moderator

    • Rochelle Slogan

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
          Thanks for the kind words, Tom. I haven't had much time in the past
          year to post much, but I'll try to be more timely about it now. In the
          meantime, feel free to start a new discussion and draw some other
          group members in.

          Rich