Special Centennial Gala

  • Rich Sobocinski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2006
      This message is sent as a special notice to ensure that all group
      members receive it in a timely manner.

      Normally, at this time of year we are preparing for the annual St.
      Philip Alumni Mass and Dinner that coincides with Catholic Schools
      Week. This year we are doing things a little differently. The alumni
      celebration is combined with the parish centennial celebration. All
      alumni are invited to participate in this event and we hope to see you
      there.

      Some of you may know that St. Philip is celebrating the 100th
      anniversary of the dedication of the church building in 2006. In
      preparation, the inside of the church has been restored and the
      official start of the centennial celebration will be a special Mass at
      4:00 pm on Saturday, February 4, 2006, followed by a dinner at
      Chartier's Country Club.

      The Mass will be celebrated by the bishop and many of the priests who
      have served the parish or are native sons of the parish. Most of the
      restoration work will be complete for this Mass. If you haven't seen
      the inside of St. Philip's in a while, this is the Mass you'll want to
      attend.

      Following Mass we will have a dinner gala at Chartier's Country Club.
      Seating is limited for this event, so make your reservations now.
      Tickets are $35 each and are available by calling the parish office at
      412-922-6300 x5 (or email at parishoffice@...). Menu
      choices are chicken stuffed with several varieties of cheese or a
      stuffed pork chop. There will be music and dancing and a cash bar.

      Please join us for this special occasion.

      Your friendly moderator