Crafton Celebrates Parade

  • Rich Sobocinski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 10:36 AM
      For those of you who no longer live in the Crafton area or didn't get
      a chance to come out and see the parade because of the weather I have
      posted some pictures in the "Photos" section of the website. Go there
      and look for the album titled, "2005 Crafton Celebrates."

      It was beautiful all day, until the time for the parade approached.
      Dark clouds rolled in, but it looked like they would soon pass over.
      Unfortunately, the rain started about 7:00 pm, just as the parade
      started. It wasn't a heavy rain, but pretty continuous. Luckily, the
      parade was able to go on, though it was a little soggy. The Crafton Crocodiles may have enjoyed that part of it though. By the time
      the parade arrived at Crafton park, the rain stopped and the sun came
      out again. At least it was dry for the start of the other festivities.

      Notice that the St. Philip contingent of the parade is carrying a
      banner to raise awareness for the Centennial Restoration project now
      underway at the church.

      Don't be confused. We know the parish is way older than 100 (it was
      founded in 1835). It's the church building that will be 100 in
      February of 2006. The restoration project is to clean and repair the
      plaster walls and ceilings in the church, paint it, refurbish the
      pews, and restore the terrazzo floors.

      Your friendly moderator
      (and parade photographer)