315home-grown talent

  • StPhilip-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Dec 10, 2009
      Mary Lou, that's a great idea for performing alums. Any takers? Please let us know early so we can include you in the program.

      As for your other question about the list, this is the only one that I maintain. There are other means that we communicate to the alumni, like the bulletin and postal mailings. There is also a blog that is geared mainly toward the families of current students (http://stphilipschool.blogspot.com/).

      Because of the cost, postal mailings are limited so this Yahoo Group tends to be the main outlet for alumni news. The suggestion to tie in Facebook and other social networks is a good one and something we'll try to explore. Remember that all of this is volunteer operated and our volunteers only have so much time to offer (hint, hint). Adding another social network or two does include some added work.

      One thing to keep in mind is that we are an "opt-in" group. We don't add peoples' email addresses without their permission. Yahoo Groups has a pretty large presence on the web and it makes it easy for people to find us. Make sure you mention the group to your classmates when you see them.

      Your moderator

      --- In StPhilip@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Lou Schroeder" <marylousch@...> wrote:

      > It would be wonderful to have it at CCC! I really enjoyed the 100th anniversary celebration there. A comedy revue geared toward local (Crafton-Ingram-Thornburg -West End-Rosslyn Farms-Bridgeville-Robinson Twp) places and establishments would be a possible entertainment option. Or have talented alums volunteer to sing or play an instrument for an after-dinner program.
      >
      > Also, do you only send info to people on this list? I would suggest that someone from the Alumni committee scour LinkedIn, or Facebook, or whatever people do these days to find former St Philip Alumni. Or go to high school sites' alumni section...?
      >
      > Thanks for planning!
      >
      > Mary Lou Sikora Schroeder 1966

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic