  • mustafaa
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2005

      In the Name of Allaah, the Most Beneficent the Most Merciful

      The Inverted Prior Priorities ities

      By Saleh As-Saleh

      "Corrupt creeds, lying, cheating, injustice, innovations, lowly desires,

      attachment to this life, ignorance, mysticism, grave worship, bigoted

      blind following, and so forth… and we boast saying:

      "Our Main Problem is in Our Leaders…!!!"

      Is this the case?

      Allaah, the Most High says:

      Verily! Allaah will not change the good (or bad condition) of a people

      as long as they don’t change their state of goodness (or sins and

      wrong doings etc) themselves.

      Imaam Ibnul Qayyim,

      rahimahullahs, said:

      "Ponder upon the

      Hikmah (Wisdom) of Allaah, the most High, where He

      has made people's kings, leaders, and those of authority over them, of the

      same kind as their own deeds. It is as if the people's deeds appeared in the

      forms of their kings and leaders.

      If the people are upright, then their kings and rulers will be upright, and if

      they turn away (from uprightness), then their leaders will turn against

      them. And if they oppress and tyrannize, then their kings and rulers will

      tyrannize and oppress. And if deception and treachery becomes manifest

      amongst them, then the same will appear in their rulers.

      If the people refrain from fulfilling the rights of Allaah upon them and

      become niggardly (regarding their execution), then their kings and rulers

      will refuse to give them their rights and will become niggardly (withhold

      their rights from them). And if they take away from those whom they

      oppress that which they deserve not to take, then the kings will take away

      from the people that which they deserve not to take and will levy taxes

      and impose tasks upon them. And whatever the people unjustly take from

      the oppressed, their kings take the same by force from them.

      So those in charge of the people appear in the forms of their (the

      ruled) deeds. And it befits not the Divine Wisdom that the evil and

      wicked be ruled except by those of the same kind.

      And since the early [Muslims] were the best and most righteous of

      generations, their rulers were of the same standing. But when the people

      turned weak, their rulers turned to be of their own rank.

      So it befits not the

      Hikmah (Wisdom) of Allaah in these times (Ibnul

      Qayyim times

      that rulers the like of Mu'aawiyah and 'Umar bin 'Addil

      'Azeez, be in charge over us, and even less the like of Abee Bakr and

      'Umar. Rather, our rulers are in accordance with our own rank and

      standing, and the ones who ruled those before us were (also) in

      accordance with these people own rank and standing. And both matters

      (the status of the former rulers and those of this time) are as necessitated

      and entailed by [Allaah's]

      Ibnul Qayyim was born in 691 AH/1292 CE, and died in 751 AH/ 1350 CE. May Allaah's

      Mercy be upon him

      In Muftaah Daarus-Sa'aadah, vol. 1, pp. 177-178. Published by Daar Ibn 'Affan (1416/1996,

      Al-Khubar, KSA).

      It is very evident that from the legal perspective and by the consensus of

      the early Muslims, as well as by way of intellect and experience, that the

      true change of the status of the

      Ummah occurs when it turns to Allaah and

      follows the ways that made the early generations successful. Imaam

      rahimahullah, summed it in words few in number, profound in

      "Nothing will benefit the Ummah to come except that which

      benefited the early Ummah."

      Those who adopt the path of confrontation with the rulers, thinking that

      the change comes through this way, are trailing the path of misguidance

      and a path whose consequences proved it wrong by all perspectives. This

      is the same path taken by the early dissidents (

      khawaarij) who followed

      mutashaabih (not entirely clear) texts instead of following the

      (clear) texts and referring whatever may be not entirely clear to

      that which is

      mukham. The following of the mutashaabih is a path of

      (afflictions) that led to the rebellion against the leaders of the

      , and in our times has caused bloodshed and suffering and

      retardation of

      da'wah. Allaahul Must'aan.

      This matter is a matter of

      Deen and not a matter of emotions. And since

      the textual proofs are replete commanding the believers that they must

      obey those in authority, even if they oppress and take ones wealth, etc As

      long as they do not command the believer to do sin, then we have no

      choice but to comply and obey. Otherwise, we will be inventing a new

      . Allaah, the One Free of all imperfection, the most High says:

      Let those beware who withstand the

      Rasool's () orders, unless some

      befalls them or a grievous penalty be inflicted on them. [24:63]

      Whatever was not Deen at the time of the Prophet () cannot be

      considered to be a part of the

      Deen today." [Imaam Maalik].

      So if the person choses to contend the way of the Messenger (

      ), then let

      him remember the following

      If anyone contends with and opposes the Messenger (

      ) after the

      right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the

      believers way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn

      him in Hell- what an evil destination! [4:115]

      May Allaah, the most Merciful, guide us all to

      the truth and make us hold to it and may He,

      the most High and Majestic, save us all from

      fitan and guide us (ruled and rulers) to His

      Saleh As-Saleh

      The Messenger of Allaah sallaa llaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "A person will be with those whom he loves."