Re: New photos: Siberia

  • polestar1931
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
      Artem, thanks for the beautiful pictures! Siberia looks like such a
      wild and untouched wilderness. I would love to visit some day.

      Have you ever heard of the book called "The Longest Walk?" It's about
      some prisoners who escaped from a camp in Siberia and walked all the
      way through the Gobi desert to the Himalayas and then over them into
      India. It's an incredible example of "Never Give Up!"

      Thanks again for the beautiful pictures!

      Dhrubha

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, artem_mamayev

      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album101

      > which is the same.
      >
      > Artem,
      > Siberia
    • dharmaja
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
        Dear Artem,

        *Thank you* for posting these photos!

        I have greedily downloaded the high-resolution versions for use in my
        design work. You have a great "photographer's eye."

        Dharmaja
        __________

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > When someone says 'Siberia,' what are your associations? Cold and
        > darkness? A lot of snow? Exile? The North Pole?
        >
        > Whatever you think of Siberia, you now can see what Siberia looks
        > like. I have uploaded some pictures taken in Siberia to the
        > Galleries.
        >
        > To visit the Siberian album, follow the link:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/6szm7
        >
        > or

        http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album101

        > which is the same.
        >
        > Artem,
        > Siberia
      • sumangali_m
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
          Artem

          These pictures are exquisite!

          Perhaps I can see why Siberia is famous for its cold weather –
          the winter scenes must be the most memorable, being so pure, unspoilt
          and beautiful.

          Sumangali
          :oD

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > When someone says 'Siberia,' what are your associations? Cold and
          > darkness? A lot of snow? Exile? The North Pole?
          >
          > Whatever you think of Siberia, you now can see what Siberia looks
          > like. I have uploaded some pictures taken in Siberia to the
          > Galleries.
          >
          > To visit the Siberian album, follow the link:
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/6szm7
          >
          > or
          >
          > http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?
          set_albumName=album101

          > which is the same.
          >
          > Artem,
          > Siberia
        • artem_mamayev
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
            Hi!

            Thank you Dhrubha, Dharmaja and Sumangali for viewing the photos
            and for your replies!

            When today I clicked the tinyURL link in my previous message, it
            turned out that it doesn't work properly. It somehow opens a
            different album or a sub-album every time.

            So if anyone feels inspired to view my Siberian pictures, please use
            a regular link:

            http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album101

            Or go to Gallery site -> Russia -> 'Siberia-what is it like?' album.

            The Siberian album contains 4 sub-albums - one for every season (in
            Siberia, we DO have seasons apart from winter ! :))

            Enjoy the photos!

            Artem,
            Siberia
          • arpan_deangelo
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
              Artem,

              Thank you for the great photos from Siberia. Russia is a beautiful
              country I hope to get to see someday. Can you also show us some of
              your China photos? I believe you have some good ones. I think I saw
              some when we were there recently.

              I also have more that I want to share as well. I will try to put more
              on today. I think I have a couple photos of you in a play. Would you
              mind if I put those up too?

              Your bro',
              Arpan

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > Hi!
              >
              > When someone says 'Siberia,' what are your associations? Cold and
              > darkness? A lot of snow? Exile? The North Pole?
              >
              > Whatever you think of Siberia, you now can see what Siberia looks
              > like. I have uploaded some pictures taken in Siberia to the
              > Galleries.
              >
              > To visit the Siberian album, follow the link:
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/6szm7
              >
              > or

              http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album101

              > which is the same.
              >
              > Artem,
              > Siberia
            • artem_mamayev
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2005
                Hi Arpan!

                Thanks for your reply! Yes, I think I have some photos worth sharing,
                but it will take me some time to upload them to the site. Maybe a week
                or two...

                No I don't mind if you put up my photo as well.

                By the way, in 2 or 3 days I'll add some photos to the Siberian album.

                Artem :-)

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo