Re: Our virtual village - to Lucian

  • hiddetangerman
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2004
      Dear Lucian, thank you for your heart-warming comment. Praise from
      the praiseworthy is beyond all rewards. I feel priviliged to call
      myself not only your good friend, but also your grateful student, for
      you revived my sleeping enthusiasm for the violin and gave me a much
      needed musical push in our 'classes'. :-)

      I'll also never forget the time I spent in San Francisco the great
      and my heart often reminisces with deep joy the plethora of fond
      memories gained there. In consolation of myself I shall echo one of
      the immortal utterances of your illustrous governor: "I'LL BE
      BACK!" :-)

      Hidde

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, lucianbalmer
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Thank you Hidde for your eloquent post. I will never forget Hidde's
      > visits to San Francisco. His english is impeccable, and he
      astonished
      > everyone with his capacity for language. I'm not exaggerating at
      all
      > when I say that his english is better than my own, a native english
      > speaker. - Lucian San Francisco
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hidde, I really like what you wrote! I am wondering if you have
      > > lived in an English speaking country at some point. Your use of
      > > English is exceptionally good for someone whose mother tongue is
      not
      > > English. Niriha
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, hiddetangerman
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > For a few months now I've been a regular visitor of this
      beautiful
      > > > and soulful inspiration-site and I can't begin to say how much
      joy
      > > > my daily walk to this 'cyberspace town square' has brought me.
      > > >
      > > > Here I smile with a sweet soul, fly with imagination, soar with
      > > > poetry, marvel with literature, cry with another's inner cry and
      > > > rejoice in another's joy. Here I climb mountains, cycle hills,
      > > > travel continents, run ultra's, swim channels. If New York and
      China
      > > > are a flight too far, what better place to visit to feel the
      pulse
      > > > of the universal life? Here I laugh, sob and dream. Here I
      achieve
      > > > and transcend.
      > > >
      > > > But of course also, here I stumble, here I make mistakes, here I
      > > > face myself and my imperfections. But contribute I must, for
      only
      > > > when I contribute sincerely do I feel myself growing into this
      > > > virtual village, this temple and market-place all at once. The
      more
      > > > I try to give, the more joy I receive in return. As simple as
      cosmic
      > > > algebra.
      > > >
      > > > And last but not least, I feel safe in our village. Why?
      Because we