New photos: Siberia

  • artem_mamayev
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
      Hi!

      When someone says 'Siberia,' what are your associations? Cold and
      darkness? A lot of snow? Exile? The North Pole?

      Whatever you think of Siberia, you now can see what Siberia looks
      like. I have uploaded some pictures taken in Siberia to the
      Galleries.

      To visit the Siberian album, follow the link:

      http://tinyurl.com/6szm7

      or

      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album101

      which is the same.

      Artem,
      Siberia
    • polestar1931
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
        Artem, thanks for the beautiful pictures! Siberia looks like such a
        wild and untouched wilderness. I would love to visit some day.

        Have you ever heard of the book called "The Longest Walk?" It's about
        some prisoners who escaped from a camp in Siberia and walked all the
        way through the Gobi desert to the Himalayas and then over them into
        India. It's an incredible example of "Never Give Up!"

        Thanks again for the beautiful pictures!

        Dhrubha

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, artem_mamayev
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > When someone says 'Siberia,' what are your associations? Cold and
        > darkness? A lot of snow? Exile? The North Pole?
        >
        > Whatever you think of Siberia, you now can see what Siberia looks
        > like. I have uploaded some pictures taken in Siberia to the
        > Galleries.
        >
        > To visit the Siberian album, follow the link:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/6szm7
        >
        > or

        http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album101

        > which is the same.
        >
        > Artem,
        > Siberia
      • dharmaja
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
          Dear Artem,

          *Thank you* for posting these photos!

          I have greedily downloaded the high-resolution versions for use in my
          design work. You have a great "photographer's eye."

          Dharmaja
          __________

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > When someone says 'Siberia,' what are your associations? Cold and
          > darkness? A lot of snow? Exile? The North Pole?
          >
          > Whatever you think of Siberia, you now can see what Siberia looks
          > like. I have uploaded some pictures taken in Siberia to the
          > Galleries.
          >
          > To visit the Siberian album, follow the link:
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/6szm7
          >
          > or

          http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album101

          > which is the same.
          >
          > Artem,
          > Siberia
        • sumangali_m
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
            Artem

            These pictures are exquisite!

            Perhaps I can see why Siberia is famous for its cold weather –
            the winter scenes must be the most memorable, being so pure, unspoilt
            and beautiful.

            Sumangali
            :oD

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > Hi!
            >
            > When someone says 'Siberia,' what are your associations? Cold and
            > darkness? A lot of snow? Exile? The North Pole?
            >
            > Whatever you think of Siberia, you now can see what Siberia looks
            > like. I have uploaded some pictures taken in Siberia to the
            > Galleries.
            >
            > To visit the Siberian album, follow the link:
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/6szm7
            >
            > or
            >
            > http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?
            set_albumName=album101

            > which is the same.
            >
            > Artem,
            > Siberia
          • artem_mamayev
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
              Hi!

              Thank you Dhrubha, Dharmaja and Sumangali for viewing the photos
              and for your replies!

              When today I clicked the tinyURL link in my previous message, it
              turned out that it doesn't work properly. It somehow opens a
              different album or a sub-album every time.

              So if anyone feels inspired to view my Siberian pictures, please use
              a regular link:

              http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album101

              Or go to Gallery site -> Russia -> 'Siberia-what is it like?' album.

              The Siberian album contains 4 sub-albums - one for every season (in
              Siberia, we DO have seasons apart from winter ! :))

              Enjoy the photos!

              Artem,
              Siberia
            • arpan_deangelo
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
                Artem,

                Thank you for the great photos from Siberia. Russia is a beautiful
                country I hope to get to see someday. Can you also show us some of
                your China photos? I believe you have some good ones. I think I saw
                some when we were there recently.

                I also have more that I want to share as well. I will try to put more
                on today. I think I have a couple photos of you in a play. Would you
                mind if I put those up too?

                Your bro',
                Arpan

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                > Hi!
                >
                > When someone says 'Siberia,' what are your associations? Cold and
                > darkness? A lot of snow? Exile? The North Pole?
                >
                > Whatever you think of Siberia, you now can see what Siberia looks
                > like. I have uploaded some pictures taken in Siberia to the
                > Galleries.
                >
                > To visit the Siberian album, follow the link:
                >
                > http://tinyurl.com/6szm7
                >
                > or

                http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album101

                > which is the same.
                >
                > Artem,
                > Siberia
              • artem_mamayev
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2005
                  Hi Arpan!

                  Thanks for your reply! Yes, I think I have some photos worth sharing,
                  but it will take me some time to upload them to the site. Maybe a week
                  or two...

                  No I don't mind if you put up my photo as well.

                  By the way, in 2 or 3 days I'll add some photos to the Siberian album.

                  Artem :-)

                  --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo