Re: OT - Favourite Songs from Musicals (was Day by day)

  • anitabusic
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2004
      Hi Jan,

      I am also an admirer of Charlotte Church's singing talent. Could you
      please tell me which albums has she recorded, so I can look them up?

      Thanks,

      Anita

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jan_klaile
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
      > musical :0)). The pieces "Papa can you hear me", and "A piece of
      > Sky" send shivers down my spine. I've been really fond of Andrew
      > Lloyd Webber's music, too. My favourites have included songs
      > from "The Phantom of the Opera" and "Pie Jesu."
      >
      > Many of my favourite songs have also been from Disney movies,
      > especially the "I want" songs :0) like "My Reflection"
      from "Mulan."
      > Here's an excerpt from the pop version of it:
      >
      > "There's a heart that must be free to fly,
      > That burns with a need to know the reason why.
      > When will my reflection show who I am inside?"
      >
      > ...Right now I'm listening to Charlotte Church. She must be an
      > especially bright jewel of God here on earth, I feel. She's quite
      > young, but has an incredible singing talent. She sings quite a
      lot
      > of spiritual songs. Here's and exerpt from one from the
      > album "Prelude," which strikes me as quite powerful:
      >
      > "Dream a dream,
      > And see through angel's eyes,
      > A place where we can fly away.
      > Ride with me upon a shining star.
      > Above the moonlit sky,
      > we will find Elysium."
      >
      > Love,
      > Jan :0)
      >

      > [Let's not forget that lilting melody "Springtime For Hitler,"
      > from The Producers! -Assistant Moderator]
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarah_inseattle
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Jan,
      > >
      > > Here is a web site with all the lyrics to the Godspell musical:
      > >
      > > http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/godspell/daybyday.htm
      > >
      > > I believe there are also sites that will let you listen to them.
      > > Also, the muscial Godspell was made into a movie and may be
      > > available on video.
      > >
      > > There was Jesus Christ Superstar - do you know that "spiritual
      > > musical"? But it is a lot "heavier" than Godspell.
      > >
      > > I love musicals, too. What is your favorite? I like Fiddler on
      the
      > > Roof very much. Especially the song, "Sunrise, Sunset."
      > >
      > > In oneness,
      > > Sarah
      > > Seattle
      > >
      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jan_klaile
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dear friends,
      > > >
      > > > Lately I've been inspired by the song "Day by Day" from the
      > > > musical Godspell. The lyrics are striking in their
      succinctness,
      > > > simplicity and directness. They are sung over and over
      again: A
      > > > bit like a western bhajan, in fact :0). Here they are:
      > > >
      > > > "Day by day,
      > > > Day by day,
      > > > Oh dear Lord,
      > > > Three things I pray:
      > > > To see thee more clearly,
      > > > Love thee more dearly,
      > > > Follow thee more nearly,
      > > > Day by day."
      > > >
      > > > I'd love to hear more songs from "Godspell".
      > > > Are there any other spiritual musicals out there, does

    • jan_klaile
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2004
        Dear Anita,

        I went to the Charlotte Church website and found the following
        albums: "Voice of an Angel", "Charlotte Church", "Dream a
        Dream", "Enchantment", and "Prelude".

        All the best,
        Jan :0)

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anitabusic
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > Jan :0)
        > >

        > > [Let's not forget that lilting melody "Springtime For Hitler,"
        > > from The Producers! -Assistant Moderator]
        > >

        > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarah_inseattle
        > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Jan,
        > > >
        > > > Here is a web site with all the lyrics to the Godspell musical:
        > > >
        > > > http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/godspell/daybyday.htm
        > > >
        > > > I believe there are also sites that will let you listen to
        them.
        > > > Also, the muscial Godspell was made into a movie and may be
        > > > available on video.
        > > >
        > > > There was Jesus Christ Superstar - do you know that "spiritual
        > > > musical"? But it is a lot "heavier" than Godspell.
        > > >
        > > > I love musicals, too. What is your favorite? I like Fiddler on
        > the
        > > > Roof very much. Especially the song, "Sunrise, Sunset."

      • dharmaja
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2004
          You saw Mel Brooks? Now that's what I call darshan!

          D.A.

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Hi Jan, The Assistant Moderator mentioned (see end of your post)
          the