Happiness

  • tanner6476
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 10, 2003
      It is in by studying the philosophy of Sri Chinmoy that I have
      learned so much about the importance of happiness in one's life.

      The deeper I come to understand the teachings of Sri Chinmoy and the
      more devotedly I follow the exercises and lifestyle he suggests, the
      more I learn to grow within myself a happiness that has no outer
      explanation, no outer reason. I am not happy because I got a new job
      or achieved something in the world or bought a new toy, but because
      my meditation clears my mind of the confusion of everyday life and
      allows me to enjoy simply being alive on a new level.

      BE HAPPY!!!

      - Tanner D
    • doris.cott
      Message 33 of 33 , May 20, 2014

        This year I was unable to help at one of my favourites sport events in Switzerland which made me really sad. The 24 hour race took place without me. I noticed that my health had gradually worsened instead of improved.

        In his writings Guru empathises on the importance of happiness, cheerfulness and positive thinking.

        Sometimes it takes quite a while until we learn our lessons. Though I know about these inner truths, it seems I unconsciously preferred to stay with the negative side of life for too long. There is always something in life to be sad about, to worry about, to be afraid of or to doubt.

        There seemed to be some stubborn or injured child inside me that didn't allow me to listen more carefully or I was not ready to be happy as there was and is so much sadness and suffering in the world. Anyways...

        But then I had an inner thought that told me to use cheerfulness and happiness as a weapon. I respond  to this approach and now I am practising whistling regularly or to speak with Guru's words - always use the antidote. If you have doubt, have faith or be certain, if you are afraid, be brave or concentrate on inner strength etc.

        It works! I am happy to have a new goal - to be happy! There are many reasons to be that.

        By chance I found a new recording on Radio Sri Chinmoy, where Guru himself is whistling bhajans. Thanks so much to those who uploaded it.

        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/