From the Mahabharata: about the family

  • doriscott20002000
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2004
      Dear all,

      The following words are from the Mahabharata videos I have been
      watching last year. I made copies for my colleagues and left one for
      mysself next to my desk.

      I love these words and I am reading them from time to time. I would
      like to share them today with you all.

      "A family is like a garland.Just like every flower is separate in a
      garland, every person is separate. Just like a thread holds the
      garland together. Without the thread no garland can be made, nor a
      family. But this does not mean, that the thread is all important. A
      garland is neither flowers nor thread. It is the combination of the
      two. In a good family the unifying bond is invisible. This thread
      should remain invisible, the garland should be visible. The family
      should be visible. Every flower in the garland can be different in
      color and scent. This enhances the beauty of the garland. But the
      colors and scents should not clash. They should be properly balanced.
      The same applies to the family. If ambitions clash, the garland is to
      blame. This is what happens in Hastinapur..."

      With a oneness-heart