Colour Poem (Re: Beauty in God's eye)

  • jan_klaile
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hey all!

      Thank you so much Sunamita for the wonderful link! After reading
      a bit from "Art's Life and the Soul's Delight" I was inspired to
      write a poem.

      It's funny with poems. When I wrote it a few days ago, it all
      felt really natural and seemed to flow along. But, today when I
      quickly read through it it seemed rather rhytmically-challenged and
      quite cumbersome. And I wondered, "How could I have thought this
      was any good?". However, I read it again, more slowly and it
      actually seemed a litter smoother. And at the third reading I must
      almost have been back in the consciousness I wrote it in. For this
      time it flowed and was meaningful again, and gave glimpses of the
      emotion I had experienced when writing it.
      This has happened many times, when coming back to work I've done.
      I find this experience quite educative, this time. I guess it shows
      me quite concretely how my consciousness can actually be in
      different places, and that things can open up if I'm patient and let
      things tune in. Or something. At least, I hope it'll remind me to
      not give up so easily at those times when I feel I'm not receptive
      to anything spiritual.

      Well, anyway here is the poem! :0)

      "O Divine painter of my life,
      I offer you this urgent prayer:
      From now on,
      Please disregard the sombre shades on your palette,
      No more darkness, no more grey!

      Just splash me with the blessed light of each new day.
      And if you see some ugly spot of black or such,
      Just wash it away, wash it away!

      May my mornings be a sunny, hopeful brilliantine,
      Shining, sparkling, glazing the rind of your morning cup.
      And greet the noon with a broad octarine smile,
      Flying, circling, lighted by your flair.

      And during the glowing afternoon, O Artist dear,
      The hue is yours to choose.
      May it be fruitful Mr. Green,
      or any of his kin,
      Whom you'd have appear from within,
      I'll invite them dearly, glady, Oh joy,
      And together we'll be your merry toys.

      And then, my Rainbow Friend and Father,
      Let us dash away to blue mother eventide,
      She'll smoothe all frizzly frazzles we've picked up along the way,
      And soothe our hearts with her warm, assuring blue-shimmering gaze.

      When nighttime nighs,
      And most of your colours go to sleep,
      Take me along with them,
      To your special keep,
      So we can keep each other mirthfull company.

      Ah, and when at last morning breathes it's breath,
      On your canvas us bequeth.
      For then once more with utmost glee,
      A brand new masterpiece we shall make.

      So shall it proceed day by day,
      Day by day,
      Art arising asong,
      Yes, Art arising asong,
      On and on and on and on
      Ere eventide enters eternity."

      An inspired morning/day/evening/night to you all!

      Jan from Helsinki :0)

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sunamitalim
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > God's Beauty is unparalleled, isn't it? (to state an obvious
      > tautology). Like yourself, Jayita, I'm constantly nourished by the
      > beautiful and practical writings of Sri Chinmoy.
      >
      > I like to consciously share these divine bites with others in my
      > daily life--sometimes in conversations, or in the thoughts I put
      > down on paper. I'm reminded of concluding a recent culinary piece I
      > wrote with Sri Chinmoy's words:
      >
      > "If we appreciate the food we eat, immediately our appreciation
      > itself is a form of art, because our appreciation is giving life to
      > (what) we are eating. Otherwise, it is all lifeless," writes Sri
      > Chinmoy in Art's Life and the Soul's Delight (Agni Press, 1974).
      >
      > You'll find it a delectable treat to read "Art's Life and the
      Soul's
      > Delight" by clicking on this link:
      >
      > http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/art-life-soul-light/
      >
      > Thanks again for sharing these lovely poems.
      >
      > Sunamita
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jayita_2708
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Today I found these inspiring aphorisms by Sri Chinmoy on beauty;
      > >
      > > "I look beautiful
      > > When I accept
      > > Impossibility-challenges."
      > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
      > >
      > > "I look beautiful
      > > When I am not tortured
      > > By jealousy, insecurity
      > > And doubt."
      > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
      > >
      > > "I am supremely beautiful
      > > Only when I become
      > > The fulness of my soul."
      > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
      > >
      > > "I am more.
      > > I am more
      > > Than my outer appearances."
      > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
      > >
      > > "Beautiful is my whispering soul.
      > > Beautiful is my climbing heart.
      > > Beautiful is my willing mind.
      > > Beautiful is my uncomplaining vital.
      > > Beautiful is my serving body."
      > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
      > >
      > > "I want to become
      > > The beauty and fragrance
      > > Of a self-disciplined life."
      > > - Sri Chinmoy (from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part
      1)

      > > "His inner life is nothing other
      > > Than a beautiful harvest
      > > Of prayers and meditations"
      > > - Sri Chinmoy (from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part
      1)

      > > With love and gratitude,
      > > Jayita (Canberra)
    • dharmaja
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2004
        Greetings, Jan,

        I am not as well-versed in literature as many of the other posters
        on the site, but in my little world, your poem is excellent.

        Dharmaja

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jan_klaile
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
        > > >
        > > > "I am more.
        > > > I am more
        > > > Than my outer appearances."
        > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
        > > >
        > > > "Beautiful is my whispering soul.
        > > > Beautiful is my climbing heart.
        > > > Beautiful is my willing mind.
        > > > Beautiful is my uncomplaining vital.
        > > > Beautiful is my serving body."
        > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
        > > >
        > > > "I want to become
        > > > The beauty and fragrance
        > > > Of a self-disciplined life."
        > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees,
        Part
        > 1)
        > > >
        > > > "His inner life is nothing other
        > > > Than a beautiful harvest
        > > > Of prayers and meditations"
        > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees,

      • sarah_inseattle
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2004
          Jan, what lovely images in your poem! Have you considered submitting
          it to Panorama? I think the deadline for the April publication is
          coming up soon. The 7th of November? Sometimes poems received after
          the deadline still make it in if publication schedules are already
          delayed.(Or maybe it would be held for the next book?)

          In oneness,
          Sarah
          Seattle

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > > The fulness of my soul."
          > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
          > > >
          > > > "I am more.
          > > > I am more
          > > > Than my outer appearances."
          > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
          > > >
          > > > "Beautiful is my whispering soul.
          > > > Beautiful is my climbing heart.
          > > > Beautiful is my willing mind.
          > > > Beautiful is my uncomplaining vital.
          > > > Beautiful is my serving body."
          > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from "Beautiful Is My Whispering Soul")
          > > >
          > > > "I want to become
          > > > The beauty and fragrance
          > > > Of a self-disciplined life."
          > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part
          > 1)
          > > >
          > > > "His inner life is nothing other
          > > > Than a beautiful harvest
          > > > Of prayers and meditations"
          > > > - Sri Chinmoy (from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part

        • jan_klaile
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2004
            Thank you so much Sarah and Dharmaja! Your words are very
            encouraging!

            How exactly does one go about submitting to Panorama, does anyone
            know?

            Gratitude,
            Jan

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarah_inseattle
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
            my
            > > > daily life--sometimes in conversations, or in the thoughts I
            put
            > > > down on paper. I'm reminded of concluding a recent culinary
            piece
            > > > wrote with Sri Chinmoy's words:
            > > >
            > > > "If we appreciate the food we eat, immediately our appreciation
            > > > itself is a form of art, because our appreciation is giving
            life
            > > > (what) we are eating. Otherwise, it is all lifeless," writes
            Sri
            > > > Chinmoy in Art's Life and the Soul's Delight (Agni Press,
            1974).

            > > > You'll find it a delectable treat to read "Art's Life and the
            > > Soul's
            > > > Delight" by clicking on this link:
            > > >
            > > > http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/art-life-soul-light/
            > > >
            > > > Thanks again for sharing these lovely poems.

          • sarah_inseattle
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 5, 2004
              Dear Jan and other poets, artists, and photographers,

              For the April 2005 Panorama book, submissions should be made on or
              before November 10. "Poems can be given or sent to Prabhakar or
              Abichal," etc. For those who are unfamiliar with Panorama, "Panorama
              is a collection of poems, drawings and pictures from Sri Chinmoy's
              students. This collection is published twice yearly in April and
              August."

              Panorama is a tapestry of inspirational words and images. Recent
              editions included Ethan's cartoons, drawings and photographs by
              Anna, and a couple of very humble poems written by their non-poet
              mom. There are many soul-stirring and heart-felt poems and lots of
              fine artwork. If you can possibly take a look at a copy, it is the
              best way to see the wide range of contributions. Surely you will
              feel encouraged to make a submission yourself!

              In oneness,
              Sarah
              Seattle