Re: Joy Day in Heidelberg, journey miracle

  • olaf_hamburg7
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2004
      Peter, thank you for telling something about the evening program
      which I unfortunately missed, because I was working until Saturday
      evening. But it was worth driving to the Joyday just for Sunday
      morning. We arrived at midnight just after the final meditation.

      For me it is always a miracle, how the journey to a Joyday feels as
      if the Joyday has already started when you begin the effort of
      getting there. From my home town it is always quite a journey -
      actually between 600 to 1000 km one way - but it is definitely worth
      it. I know there are lots of people who make these efforts as well -
      I'm just thinking of the people from Hungary, Slovakia, Italy or any
      other places faaaar away.

      I enjoy the rides alot because they actually feel like a modern way
      of pilgrimage to me. You can listen to spiritual music and get into
      some very nice and inspiring conversations with your friends.
      Nevertheless, to arrive at the destination and see your friends from
      many other countries multiplies the joy of the journey.

      Also, outwardly it is sometimes exhausting to travel; but I will
      keep it up because I return inwardly with more strength than I had
      before.

      With gratitude

      Olaf

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, peter_selbach