The shortness of the day

  • mateszekely
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      "Many years ago
      The shortness of the day
      Disappointed my desire-life.

      Alas, after so many years
      The same shortness of the day
      Is disappointing my aspiration-life."

      - Sri Chinmoy

      I remember last November Sri Chinmoy said in New York about 2004:
      "This will be a good year. A hectic year." I immediately said to
      myself "O, my God!" Although theoretically I know that time is a
      good friend, usually I take time as an enemy. Even in normal pace I
      find myself fighting with time, not to speak of a "hectic" year. (I
      think I have a bit too many ideas compared to my limited
      capacities.) By the way, Sri Chinmoy's prediction proved true. It
      was (and is) a good year, and pretty hectic also.

      One more point about the above quote. I am constantly amazed by Sri
      Chinmoy's way of using time - his super-wide creative output. So
      many great achievements in so many fields, without a decrease in
      quality, and without becoming "stressed out." It is even funny to
      use this word in relation to him.

      Now I have to run...
      My pizza arrived. :-)
      Mate
    • stefanolanzalone
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
        Dear Mateszekely,
        I find sooo short the days! I always say: cannot days be 50 hours
        long and cannot we sleep just 3 hours for night? That would be the
        absolute ideal!
        Stefano L.
        Rome

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, mateszekely