Re: OT - Monsters and Hidden Meaning (Progress)

  • bhashiniwrn
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
      But what about the nice story about the "train journey and good
      grace"? I was looking forward to hearing about it! Just because the
      computer ate your story twice, don`t get disheartened. It ate my
      first posting three times. If you can bring yourself to go back to
      the internet cafe and type it all over again, please do. I`m sure it
      will be worthwhile. Never give up! Don`t let the computer-monster win!

      Bhashini

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, amelialloyd
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
      >

      > [Dear Amelia, thank you for taking my suggestions so graciously.
      > Just because this list has over 600 people, I'm very grateful when
      > people do the little things that will make their postings
      > publication quality. Plus, we live in a world where people are
      > sometimes unfairly judged by the quality of their communications
      > rather than what's in their hearts. Some people who are unkind to
      > spiritual seekers like to write doctoral dissertations about how
      > there is no God. So it doesn't hurt if the "brainwashed cult
      > members" also express themselves clearly. :-) And as I mentioned,
      > some members of this group are trying to learn English, so it's
      > great when the native English speakers help them by giving them good
      > models to work from. Thanks again. -Assistant Moderator]
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, shane_dublincentre
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Amelia,
      > >
      > > Perhaps you should replace your 'i' with the royal 'we'....
      > >
      > > Shane
      > > manfully holding in the urge to poke gentle fun at his English
      > > friends
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, amelialloyd
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Computers DO bite. in fact, they actually eat messages for
      dinner
      > and
      > > > i know cos it just ate 2 of mine. ouch. i had a nice story all
      > about
      > > > a train journey and good grace and i nearly finished it once,
      > then i
      > > > wrote it again and did finish it and tried to send it but no...
      > > > and don't say i provoked it. it just swallowed them up.
      > > > shall i tell the whole story again? shall i tempt the computer-
      > > > alligator again? maybe my story was not acceptable. it seemed
      > quite
      > > > nice to me, but what do i know? or to look at it another way,
      > maybe
      > > > the computer-alligator-monster is trying to teach me a lesson...
      > > > any suggestions? please don't say i have just wasted one and a
      > half
      > > > hours of my evening! there's got to be a hidden meaning in here
      > > > somewhere.
      > > > it's just a question of finding it.
      > > >

      > > > [Amelia, if you're continuing thoughts begun in a previous
      > message,
      > > > please reply to that message and quote it. If you're confused
      > about
      > > > how to reply to a message, please use this shortcut to message
      > > > #8672, and scroll down to the section called "Replying To A
      > > > Message." The way to ensure that your writings are not lost to a
      > > > computer glitch is to use a word processor or text processor,
      and
      > > > save your work frequently. Please note that in the English
      > language,
      > > > the personal pronoun "I" is capitalized. Please also begin each
      > > > sentence with a capital letter. Thank you. -Assistant Moderator]
    • niriha7
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
        Dear Amelia, You have just proven that my esteem for you is
        warranted. I have made comments such as "Amelia is young and yet she
        is so spiritually mature!" And the Assistant Moderator just proved
        that my praise of him or her is well justified. Such a dear response
        from the Assistant Moderator is at the end of your posting. Niriha