Re: Joy Day in Heidelberg

  • rainald7
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2004
      Indeed, it was days of joy for about 550 European students of Sri
      Chinmoy who met on the 23rd and 24th of October.

      The highlight of the Joy Day was of course Sri Chinmoy's phone call
      on Sunday morning. It was a bit hard to understand everything, but I
      tried my best and wrote down some excerpts here. It will not be 100%
      Sri Chinmoy's words, but I do hope it's coming close.

      "In your time zone it is morning but in mine it is almost quarter to
      two, but my love for you and your love for me - boundless,
      boundless."

      "My heart will be with those who will not be able to come for the
      Christmas (Trip)."

      "You have no idea how much I love you and treasure you all. You are
      all jewels in my heart of aspiration, my soul of realization and my
      life of dedication."

      "I an proud of you all, proud of you all, proud of you all."

      "My infinite love, my infinite pride, pride, pride I am offering to
      all my children."

      I really don't know how we can ever thank Sri Chinmoy for his
      boundless, selfless and unconditional love and affection. Maybe by
      sharing it with all human beings we meet in our lives who are
      receptive. Let us try!

      To see a few shots that I took with my new Canon S1 (thanks to all
      the advice from some of my posting friends), please use this link:

      http://www.srichinmoyraces.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album49

      Rainald
    • anitabusic
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2004
        Dear Rainald,

        Thank you so much for writing down what you could remember from Sri
        Chinmoy's talk to us. I myself was there, but since I
        was and still am ill, my memory is not serving me well. A reminder
        like yours just made me feel I was there again, listening to our
        teacher's lovely voice, feeling transferred to Heaven, surrounded by
        singing angels, the sun brightly shining and warming us all up, a
        beautiful day in a city which looks as if it came from a fairy tale.
        Ah, how I wish to be forever there. The good news is, we will meet
        there again, and get another experience which will offer us a
        heavenly swoop of our consciousness to the highest heights of
        aspiration.

        Feeling worshipful,

        Anita

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, rainald7
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > Indeed, it was days of joy for about 550 European students of Sri
        > Chinmoy who met on the 23rd and 24th of October.
        >
        > The highlight of the Joy Day was of course Sri Chinmoy's phone call
        > on Sunday morning. It was a bit hard to understand everything, but
        > tried my best and wrote down some excerpts here. It will not be
        100%
        > Sri Chinmoy's words, but I do hope it's coming close.
        >
        > "In your time zone it is morning but in mine it is almost quarter
        > two, but my love for you and your love for me - boundless,
        > boundless."
        >
        > "My heart will be with those who will not be able to come for the
        > Christmas (Trip)."
        >
        > "You have no idea how much I love you and treasure you all. You are
        > all jewels in my heart of aspiration, my soul of realization and my
        > life of dedication."
        >
        > "I an proud of you all, proud of you all, proud of you all."
        >
        > "My infinite love, my infinite pride, pride, pride I am offering to
        > all my children."
        >

        > I really don't know how we can ever thank Sri Chinmoy for his
        > boundless, selfless and unconditional love and affection. Maybe by
        > sharing it with all human beings we meet in our lives who are
        > receptive. Let us try!
        >
        > To see a few shots that I took with my new Canon S1 (thanks to all
        > the advice from some of my posting friends), please use this link:

        http://www.srichinmoyraces.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album49

        > Rainald
      • abhinabha
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25 3:59 AM
          Hello friends!

          This last weekend some 550 disciples came together in the small town of Weinheim, near Heidelberg, to pray, meditate, sing, eat, run and thus recharge their spiritual batteries. These so-called "German Joy Days" usually have a pretty familiar schedule. Pretty tight too.

          After singing some spiritual songs, enjoying the opening meditation and a pleasant pasta dinner afterwards, we all took our seats in the big auditorium of the local city hall, getting ready for the evening program. The theme of this Joy Day was - how appropriate - "joy". We saw a video of the famous Madal Circus from 1999 to warm up our appetite. Pradyot and Adesh followed with a clown's act that really did not make much sense and therefore was all the more joyful. There were many video's and slideshows on the program, featuring the many colorful events that had taken place in the big gap since the last Joy Day in October: the Songs of the Soul tour in November, the Bangladesh concert in December and the recently held Christmas Trip. It goes to show how bristling with activities the centre currently is.

          The soulful, meditative part of the program was taken care of by different music groups, performing Guru's songs in haunting arrangements. The program lasted almost until midnight, since many were eager to perform, and was capped by an open microphone session for telling jokes. My favourite one came from Pranjal (Heidelberg):

          "When I was a little boy I used to pray to God every day to give me a bicycle. But when I got older I realized that is not the way God works. So I stole a bicycle and prayed for forgiveness."

          On a personal note I was very happy to spend the night in a hotel, instead of the cheaper gym option, for I was able to watch the men's 1500 metres speed skating event at the Vancouver Olympics - aired from 2 to 3 p.m. - and celebrated an unexpected Dutch gold medal. I still managed to jump out of bed again at 5:30 to be in time for the 6 a.m. morning meditation. The snow outside did not refrain us from driving to the nearby lake to race around it for 2 miles. The double scoop of meditation and running has always been my favourite start of the day.

          The Joy Day ended by all of us visiting Pujaloy, the beautiful meditation temple constructed in Sri Chinmoy's honour in Heidelberg. I think all of us were filled with joy, light and delight after those two soulful days.

          -Abhinabha
        • cott.doris
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28 2:34 PM
            Hi Abhinabha,

            I am glad you found the time to write a joyday report. It was rather a fun-joyday but joy and cheerfulness we brought back home.

            My favourite joke was told by Stephanie from Louxembourg:

            What is the difference between an optimist and a pessimist? An optimist says, "Good morning, God!" A pessimist says, "Good God, morning."

            My second favourite joke was told by Satyaki. He explained to us how in some countries corruption was "promoted". Then he told the joke:

            Japanese: "Do you see the bridge over there?"
            Indian: "Yes."
            Japanese: "50% in my pocket."
            Indian: "Do you see the bridge over THERE?"
            Japanese: "No, where?"
            Indian: "100% in my pocket."

            * * *

            Petrus led a new arrived group of Buddhists for a side seeing tour through heaven. As they pass by a place where Christians have found their heavenly rest Petrus put his finger on his mouth and said, "Psst, they believe that they are alone here."

            * * *

            I give God utmost joy
            Not when I say that I shall do it
            Or that I can do it,