Impressions About This Group

  • radinovicsanja
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 26, 2004
      I would like to express my deep gratitude to everybody who is
      contributing to this site. It is so important not only because it
      helps immensely in keeping a higher level of inspiration, but also
      in getting fresh information about what is happening in Centres all
      over the world. For me it is almost as if we are all still in New
      York, socializing and having our precious spiritual chats during
      Celebrations. My Belgrade friends feel the same. After Centre
      meetings, we sometimes read aloud a few of the most inspiring posts
      from that last week.

      All the best to everybody, and please, keep on!

      Sanja
    • nathalie_boljevic
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 27, 2004
        Dear, dear Sanja

        You don't know how right you are! Even when I do not feel like doing
        anything good or spiritual, coming to this site gives me back
        inspiration and aspiration.

        Thank you, dear spiritual friends, for your deep and most
        significant contribution to the world's bright side.

        Nathalie (Podgorica, YU), a bit down but OK.

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, radinovicsanja
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > I would like to express my deep gratitude to everybody who is
        > contributing to this site. It is so important not only because it
        > helps immensely in keeping a higher level of inspiration, but also
        > in getting fresh information about what is happening in Centres all
        > over the world. For me it is almost as if we are all still in New
        > York, socializing and having our precious spiritual chats during
        > Celebrations. My Belgrade friends feel the same. After Centre
        > meetings, we sometimes read aloud a few of the most inspiring posts
        > from that last week.
        >
        > All the best to everybody, and please, keep on!
        >
        > Sanja
      • atulya27
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 27, 2004
          I couldn't agree more. We often read postings at our meetings as well.

          Keep the inspiration coming!!!

          Atulya Berube
          San Diego

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > I would like to express my deep gratitude to everybody who is
          > contributing to this site. It is so important not only because it
          > helps immensely in keeping a higher level of inspiration, but also
          > in getting fresh information about what is happening in Centres all
          > over the world. For me it is almost as if we are all still in New
          > York, socializing and having our precious spiritual chats during
          > Celebrations. My Belgrade friends feel the same. After Centre
          > meetings, we sometimes read aloud a few of the most inspiring posts
          > from that last week.
          >
          > All the best to everybody, and please, keep on!
          >
          > Sanja
        • niriha7
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 27, 2004
            Dear Sanja, Your post will undoubtedly "raise the bar" for
            postings. Reading that the offerings from members of the group mean
            so much to you and others certainly makes me want to offer more. I
            have been logging onto this site at night, usually late especially if
            there has been a function such as tonight (where I arrived home at
            midnight). First I spend some time reading many and sometimes all of
            the posts. By the time I do this, it is quite late and I find that I
            usually make only short replies to others' posts or no replies at
            all. I tell myself that tomorrow I will write about something that
            took place in NY and/or make some other inspiring contribution. But
            the next day, the same thing happens--late at night--"maybe I will
            just make a quick response to this post or that one"--. After
            reading what you have written, I am going to mend my ways. I am
            thinking it would be a good idea to log onto our inspiration site
            early in the morning after meditation rather than early in the
            morning after midnight as I usually do. It is 1:45 AM now for
            example.

            Allow me to end here by saying that we had a most beautiful
            meditation tonight. The Bhajan singer offered a concert to
            honour Sri Chinmoy's sister's birthday. Guru sat behind the singers
            meditating while they performed. In an outer sense, it was beautiful
            both visually and to the ears. Inwardly, I felt something I had never
            felt before. Judging from the feeling in the room, I can only say
            that Sri Chinmoy's sister must have been blessing the entire assembly.

            One view through my camera that touched my heart deeply was a life
            sized cutout photo of Sri Chinmoy's sister with Sri Chinmoy sitting
            in front of it. It appeared as if his sister was blessing him.
            Zooming out to a slightly wider picture resulted in seeing the life
            sized cutout of Sri Chinmoy's sister standing behind Sri Chinmoy with
            Ranjana (the leader of the Bhajan singers) sitting on the floor in
            front of Sri Chinmoy. Ranjana had spent time with Sri Chinmoy's
            sister many years ago and is very close to her. This was obvious
            tonight as Ranjana was meditating deeply while playing the harmonium
            and singing.

            This delicious inner feast was of course followed by a multi course
            meal.

            After reading your post, I will not attend another function such as
            the one we had tonight without thinking of my friends
            who are spreading light and goodwill in other parts of the world.
            Promise. Sincerely, Niriha

            PS To non-English speaking members I wish to say that I have to use
            the dictionary many times to check spelling. I often do not know if
            words should be connected or seperated such as "cut out" or "cutout"
            (a word I used above). I often do not know if an 'e' should stay or
            go before 'ing' and so forth. As someone whose mother tongue is
            English, I have to say, I have difficulties sometimes. So you are
            doing a terrific job of writing in a foreign language.

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nathalie_boljevic
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > Dear, dear Sanja
            >
            > You don't know how right you are! Even when I do not feel like doing
            > anything good or spiritual, coming to this site gives me back
            > inspiration and aspiration.
            >
            > Thank you, dear spiritual friends, for your deep and most
            > significant contribution to the world's bright side.
            >
            > Nathalie (Podgorica, YU), a bit down but OK.
            >
            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, radinovicsanja
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I would like to express my deep gratitude to everybody who is
            > > contributing to this site. It is so important not only because it
            > > helps immensely in keeping a higher level of inspiration, but also
            > > in getting fresh information about what is happening in Centres
            all
            > > over the world. For me it is almost as if we are all still in New
            > > York, socializing and having our precious spiritual chats during
            > > Celebrations. My Belgrade friends feel the same. After Centre
            > > meetings, we sometimes read aloud a few of the most inspiring
            posts
            > > from that last week.
            > >
            > > All the best to everybody, and please, keep on!
            > >
            > > Sanja
          • jan_klaile
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 28, 2004
              Yes! I, too, agree! Many a time has a visit here, even a short
              perusal, significantly brightened my day. Especially if I've been a
              bit down in the dumps or otherwise challenged consciousnes-wise.

              I love following the funny and hearty bantering going on, too. It
              gives me a good feeling.

              Plus, it's great to have this forum at one's disposal when one is
              really inspired and would like to share one's joy and good feelings
              with people who one knows will appreciate it!

              What's with all the ones! - is this my hiding myself or what! To
              tell the truth, strange as it may seem, I sometimes find myself
              embarassed expressing things like this. I guess that's why I like
              dressing things up in a humorous garb, instead of going for
              straightforward unadulterated honest simplicity. Did that make any
              sense? Maybe not. Oh dear, I think I'm about to OT again, as I'm
              apparently fond of doing, or otherwise prone to do:

              ...ANYWAY (taking a deep breath and trying to regain some sort of
              sensible composure - do I sound like a Jane Austin lass or what?)
              Great group! Messages from the group are also popular conversation
              topics up here North among the lakes and fir-trees.

              For some reason I'd like to express myself profusely and spread
              myself all over the page, but find myself at the moment devoid of
              anything sensible to say. So I'll just leave y'all with my
              inexpressible thanks and my best wishes to you all!

              Thanks! :0)

              Jan from Helsinki
              (gender: male - for anyone who might have been confused by the
              Jane Austin thing)

              PS. I really like posting when I'm in this kind of mood :0)

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > I would like to express my deep gratitude to everybody who is
              > contributing to this site. It is so important not only because it
              > helps immensely in keeping a higher level of inspiration, but also
              > in getting fresh information about what is happening in Centres all
              > over the world. For me it is almost as if we are all still in New
              > York, socializing and having our precious spiritual chats during
              > Celebrations. My Belgrade friends feel the same. After Centre
              > meetings, we sometimes read aloud a few of the most inspiring posts
              > from that last week.
              >
              > All the best to everybody, and please, keep on!
              >
              > Sanja
            • mateszekely
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 28, 2004
                Dear Jan!

                I can very much relate to your impressions. Also one more point: here
                you can learn English words you seldom get in "practical reality".
                Your post is a shining example!

                Yours in Global-Joy,
                Mate

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jan_klaile
                <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                > Yes! I, too, agree! Many a time has a visit here, even a short
                > perusal, significantly brightened my day. Especially if I've been a
                > bit down in the dumps or otherwise challenged consciousnes-wise.
                >
                > I love following the funny and hearty bantering going on, too. It
                > gives me a good feeling.
                >
                > Plus, it's great to have this forum at one's disposal when one is
                > really inspired and would like to share one's joy and good feelings
                > with people who one knows will appreciate it!
                >
                > What's with all the ones! - is this my hiding myself or what! To
                > tell the truth, strange as it may seem, I sometimes find myself
                > embarassed expressing things like this. I guess that's why I like
                > dressing things up in a humorous garb, instead of going for
                > straightforward unadulterated honest simplicity. Did that make any
                > sense? Maybe not. Oh dear, I think I'm about to OT again, as I'm
                > apparently fond of doing, or otherwise prone to do:
                >
                > ...ANYWAY (taking a deep breath and trying to regain some sort of
                > sensible composure - do I sound like a Jane Austin lass or what?)
                > Great group! Messages from the group are also popular conversation
                > topics up here North among the lakes and fir-trees.
                >
                > For some reason I'd like to express myself profusely and spread
                > myself all over the page, but find myself at the moment devoid of
                > anything sensible to say. So I'll just leave y'all with my
                > inexpressible thanks and my best wishes to you all!
                >
                > Thanks! :0)
                >
                > Jan from Helsinki
                > (gender: male - for anyone who might have been confused by the
                > Jane Austin thing)
                >
                > PS. I really like posting when I'm in this kind of mood :0)
                >
                > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, radinovicsanja
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I would like to express my deep gratitude to everybody who is
                > > contributing to this site. It is so important not only because it
                > > helps immensely in keeping a higher level of inspiration, but also
                > > in getting fresh information about what is happening in Centres
                all
                > > over the world. For me it is almost as if we are all still in New
                > > York, socializing and having our precious spiritual chats during
                > > Celebrations. My Belgrade friends feel the same. After Centre
                > > meetings, we sometimes read aloud a few of the most inspiring
                posts
                > > from that last week.
                > >
                > > All the best to everybody, and please, keep on!
                > >
                > > Sanja
              • sumangali_m
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 29, 2004
                  Hurrah! I am in full agreement with all you wandering wordsmiths.
                  The only thing I find unbearably difficult about this group is not
                  replying to every single posting.

                  Jan, now you're here, I very much enjoyed your recent story:
                  "Inspired lady on the bus-stop learns C" (#8524). How is it that
                  someone in Finland can write so well in English? You don't have to
                  answer that; I'm just getting all rhetorical again. The Dutch dudes
                  always amaze me as well (including dudette Tatiana of course). It's
                  just awesome that anyone can learn a (presumably) second language to
                  such a level. This stereotypically complacent speaker of English (as
                  a first and only language) bows to your aptitude. If English were
                  not my first language, I would probably not survive in this group.
                  My linguistic laziness would almost certainly prevent me from
                  getting past "the cat sat on the mat," "the mouse is in the house,"
                  and suchlike.

                  I have been here for four months now, and I think I'm closer to
                  getting the hang of it. I just have to get the hang of myself now,
                  and everything will be fine :-) Participation has certainly revealed
                  to me quite a few gaps in my own knowledge of English, which I am
                  happily filling in with the trowel of aspiration and cement of
                  inspiration.

                  So far it has been a rambunctious playground to revel in, a therapy
                  couch for my self-indulgent drawl, a funny and frightening hall of
                  mirrors, a safety net, springboard, sounding board, confession box,
                  and soul-searching x-raying experience.

                  To all 604 members (let's make that 603, because luckily I am one of
                  them): an extremely big "thank you" with capital letters and lots of
                  flashing lights. Your contributions have bestowed on me much grander
                  views and shorter distances.

                  Hello to all the silent readers. Whatever your reasons for not
                  contributing, I am sure your presence is still a subtle
                  strengthening influence on the group.

                  An unequivocal "thank you" equally to those who have welcomed me,
                  criticised me, bolstered, forgiven, ribbed, questioned, encouraged
                  and challenged me. I proudly salute your love and bravery on this
                  adventuresome journey we are treading together. Long may I continue
                  to learn from you and with you.

                  Sumangali
                  :oD
                  (Being especially sincere today)

                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                  > Yes! I, too, agree! Many a time has a visit here, even a short
                  > perusal, significantly brightened my day. Especially if I've been
                  > bit down in the dumps or otherwise challenged consciousnes-wise.
                  >
                  > I love following the funny and hearty bantering going on, too.
                  It
                  > gives me a good feeling.
                  >
                  > Plus, it's great to have this forum at one's disposal when one is
                  > really inspired and would like to share one's joy and good feelings
                  > with people who one knows will appreciate it!
                  >
                  > What's with all the ones! - is this my hiding myself or what! To
                  > tell the truth, strange as it may seem, I sometimes find myself
                  > embarassed expressing things like this. I guess that's why I like
                  > dressing things up in a humorous garb, instead of going for
                  > straightforward unadulterated honest simplicity. Did that make any
                  > sense? Maybe not. Oh dear, I think I'm about to OT again, as I'm
                  > apparently fond of doing, or otherwise prone to do:
                  >
                  > ...ANYWAY (taking a deep breath and trying to regain some sort of
                  > sensible composure - do I sound like a Jane Austin lass or what?)
                  > Great group! Messages from the group are also popular conversation
                  > topics up here North among the lakes and fir-trees.
                  >
                  > For some reason I'd like to express myself profusely and spread
                  > myself all over the page, but find myself at the moment devoid of
                  > anything sensible to say. So I'll just leave y'all with my
                  > inexpressible thanks and my best wishes to you all!
                  >
                  > Thanks! :0)
                  >
                  > Jan from Helsinki
                  > (gender: male - for anyone who might have been confused by
                  the
                  > Jane Austin thing)
                  >
                  > PS. I really like posting when I'm in this kind of mood :0)
                  >
                  > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, radinovicsanja
                  > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I would like to express my deep gratitude to everybody who is
                  > > contributing to this site. It is so important not only because it
                  > > helps immensely in keeping a higher level of inspiration, but also
                  > > in getting fresh information about what is happening in Centres
                  all
                  > > over the world. For me it is almost as if we are all still in New
                  > > York, socializing and having our precious spiritual chats during
                  > > Celebrations. My Belgrade friends feel the same. After Centre
                  > > meetings, we sometimes read aloud a few of the most inspiring
                  posts
                  > > from that last week.
                  > >
                  > > All the best to everybody, and please, keep on!
                  > >
                  > > Sanja
                • jan_klaile
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 29, 2004
                    Wow!

                    Thank you so much Niriha! As someone who hasn't been to New York
                    yet, I really enjoy reading posts such as yours about what's going
                    on there at the humble abode of our teacher :0), and what it's like.
                    Right now actually being there seems like a far-off magical fantasy.
                    And therefore every story from there is an exciting fairy-tale
                    adventure! The teacher meditating with his students! Wow! Reading
                    about these first hand experiences is just so thrilling! It makes
                    for a more tangible reality. Your post is priceless to me!

                    Thank you very much :0) !!!
                    Jan from Helsinki

                    --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7
                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I would like to express my deep gratitude to everybody who is
                    > > > contributing to this site. It is so important not only because
                    it
                    > > > helps immensely in keeping a higher level of inspiration, but
                    also
                    > > > in getting fresh information about what is happening in
                    Centres
                    > all
                    > > > over the world. For me it is almost as if we are all still in
                    New
                    > > > York, socializing and having our precious spiritual chats
                    during
                    > > > Celebrations. My Belgrade friends feel the same. After Centre
                    > > > meetings, we sometimes read aloud a few of the most inspiring
                    > posts
                    > > > from that last week.
                    > > >
                    > > > All the best to everybody, and please, keep on!

                  • erika2713
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 29, 2004
                      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > Dear Niriha,

                      It is wonderful to read postings that you and others make of events
                      held in New York. I feel as though I am present at the function
                      when I read the postings and visualize the events that people have
                      attended. Your outline of events are exceptionally descriptive and
                      provide not only the tone of the event but great spiritual insight.

                      I am excited that Sri Chinmoy has suggested that the writing of your
                      story is a possibility. I am sure your story will be an inspiration
                      for many others.

                      Much gratitude to you

                      Erika - Melbourne, Australia.

                    • niriha7
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 30, 2004
                        Thank you Erika! When are you going to stay with me again? How is
                        Antony? I think postings of things Antony may have said would be
                        inspiring especially considering that he is from some divine
                        dimension. :-) And thanks for your postings! Niriha

                        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, erika2713
                        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                        > > words should be connected or seperated such as "cut out"
                        > or "cutout"
                        > > (a word I used above). I often do not know if an 'e' should stay
                        > or
                        > > go before 'ing' and so forth. As someone whose mother tongue is
                        > > English, I have to say, I have difficulties sometimes. So you are
                        > > doing a terrific job of writing in a foreign language.
                        > >

                        > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nathalie_boljevic
                        > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Dear, dear Sanja
                        > > >
                        > > > You don't know how right you are! Even when I do not feel like
                        > doing
                        > > > anything good or spiritual, coming to this site gives me back
                        > > > inspiration and aspiration.
                        > > >
                        > > > Thank you, dear spiritual friends, for your deep and most
                        > > > significant contribution to the world's bright side.
                        > > >
                        > > > Nathalie (Podgorica, YU), a bit down but OK.

                      • karpani_ru
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 31, 2004
                          I would like to join in with great gratitude for your postings.
                          Sometimes this Group literally works like a life-support system!
                          Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing to post!!

                          My Lord reads
                          My gratitude-surrender-letters
                          Long before
                          He does anything else.

                          from My Lord Reads by Sri Chinmoy

                          All joy,
                          Karpani

                          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                          > > words should be connected or seperated such as "cut out"
                          > or "cutout"
                          > > (a word I used above). I often do not know if an 'e' should stay
                          > or
                          > > go before 'ing' and so forth. As someone whose mother tongue is
                          > > English, I have to say, I have difficulties sometimes. So you are
                          > > doing a terrific job of writing in a foreign language.
                          > >

                          > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nathalie_boljevic
                          > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Dear, dear Sanja
                          > > >
                          > > > You don't know how right you are! Even when I do not feel like
                          > doing
                          > > > anything good or spiritual, coming to this site gives me back
                          > > > inspiration and aspiration.
                          > > >
                          > > > Thank you, dear spiritual friends, for your deep and most
                          > > > significant contribution to the world's bright side.
                          > > >
                          > > > Nathalie (Podgorica, YU), a bit down but OK.

                        • erika2713
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 31, 2004
                            Niriha you are so kind and sweet. When I visit at times not
                            concurring with celebration time, it would be most wonderful to stay
                            with such a hospitable hostess.

                            As you enquired about Antony, I thought I might share with you a
                            letter that Antony wrote to God, when he was a little younger. He
                            put it in front of the window so God could see it.

                            To God

                            I love you God.
                            The Ocen sky is butiful.
                            Fank you for all tha cher around us.

                            (The spelling is as written in the letter. It was when he was
                            starting to learn to write at school. His spelling has greatly
                            improved since.)

                            Many blessings to you,

                            Erika - Melbourne

                            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > > > who are spreading light and goodwill in other parts of the
                            > world.
                            > > > Promise. Sincerely, Niriha
                            > > >
                            > > > PS To non-English speaking members I wish to say that I have
                            > > use
                            > > > the dictionary many times to check spelling. I often do not
                            know
                            > > if
                            > > > words should be connected or seperated such as "cut out"
                            > > or "cutout"
                            > > > (a word I used above). I often do not know if an 'e' should
                            stay
                            > > or
                            > > > go before 'ing' and so forth. As someone whose mother tongue
                            is
                            > > > English, I have to say, I have difficulties sometimes. So you
                            are
                            > > > doing a terrific job of writing in a foreign language.

                          • beverly_canada
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
                              Dear Erika

                              Thank-you for sharing the letter to God that Antony wrote.
                              Sweetness.
                              Beverly, Vancouver

                              With every child
                              God creates a new hope