Training for THE marathon!

  • ahelee_sf
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2003
      Dear Prachar and in-training for the Aug. Marathon readers!

      The marathon training message posted recently was incredibly
      inspiring and positively encourages everyone to get training - it
      really is not too late.

      But please be careful about jumping in with too much too soon!
      The run posted for today - 19 miles is quite a task and a real setup
      for injury for anyone who hasn't been running much to date.

      My suggestion for taking on a longer run at this point is to split
      the planned mileage into 2 different runs in the day. Morning and
      evening. Lots of water and stretching in between!

      Happy running and see you on the course this August!
      _
      Ahelee
      San Francisco
    • prachar_1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2003
        Ahelee

        Thanks for the reminder.

        A few people have mentioned that the training schedule is a bit
        tough for them right now, though it was mentioned in the
        introduction that it was intended for those who could already
        comfortably handle at least a half-marathon.

        In response, I'm preparing another program for those whose aim is
        only to FINISH (that includes me...)

        The first week of this new program should be posted later today or
        tomorrow. It will be the "Lite" version, focused on getting to that
        finish line in one happy piece!

        Please remember also the most important element of training which is
        INSPIRATION, of which you will find a lavish serving at
        http://australia.srichinmoyraces.org/library.

        Prachar

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ahelee_sf