PRACHAR' s Message of July 4 (# 872)

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2003
      Dear PRACHAR,

      I have just saved your so helpful message which I am going to
      read more slowly this afternoon at home. Please, could you send more
      details or information about the "Active-Isolated Stretching"
      techniques for the Self-Transcendence Marathon?

      Thank you for telling the fantastic experience you had with
      Maestro Sri Chinmoy at the organ. Very moving! Full of oneness!

      Suchana

      More inspiration about Sri Chinmoy's activities:

      srichinmoyraces.us/ultras/3100_miles/standings
    • prachar_1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2003
        Dear Suchana

        My sincerest apologies, but I am the last person to speak about
        stretching. It is one of the main reasons I have had so many
        injuries, because of my deplorable want of patience.

        There is an excellent book about "Active-Isolated Stretching,"
        however, which I borrowed from Rupantar, and found it extremely
        helpful. It gives lists of stretches for different sports, and
        describes them in detail. At least 64 people borrowed this book
        from Rupantar during the last Christmas Trip. There was a waiting
        list for at least a month, and when you had it you didn't dare leave
        it lying around for one milli-second or it would disappear into the
        clutches of the next avid reader. One place Rupantar did leave it
        lying around for a moment was on one of the sheep farms in New
        Zealand where Sri Chinmoy performed his immortal lamb lifts. One of
        the lambs left an indelible mark on one of its pages while reading
        up on the lamb stretching exercises!

        I did the exercises for 'running' for at least a week, and they were
        great.

        Perhaps one of our New York based members like Salil or Sanjay or
        Natabara could get the specs on the book from Rupantar, and either
        post the details here or else find out if they have any good
        information on the web.

        May I also recommend some inspirational reading on sports and
        running which you will find at
        http://australia.srichinmoyraces.org/library.

        Good luck

        Prachar