Re: 3,100 Mile Self-Transcendence Race

  • prachar_1
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5 3:17 AM
      We're often quick to complain when we're not happy with something.

      And some of us have, ever so mildly, expressed some slight
      frustrations over the past few days with our inability to access up-
      to-the-minute results from the 3100-mile Self-Transcendence Race in
      progress in New York.

      Well, if we're going to be quick to complain, we have to be even
      readier with praise and gratitude where it is due.

      The superb race site at
      http://srichinmoyraces.us/ultras/3100_miles/standings, has just come
      out with the fastest ever updates on the web, giving us in addition
      to one-thousandth-of-a-mile daily and progressive splits and
      informed narrative, some stunning action photography of our
      favourite multi-day troopers.

      Congratulations to those associated with this service, and a very
      hearty thank you from all the Australian devotees of this epic event!

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, salil_wilson

    • salil_wilson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5 8:22 AM
        Dear Prachar 1

        Re: the 3100mile race site
        http://srichinmoyraces.us/ultras/3100_miles/standings

        Ahh the praise. Indeed it is a wonderful thing.

        Hopefully we will have some video soon.

        Salil Wilson

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        > > reminiscences,
        > > > ruminations, meditations, sublimations, observations,
        > > appreciations,
        > > > exaltations, eulogies, impressions, expressions, sketches,
        > > drawings,
        > > > illustrations, paintings, murals, homilies, testimonials,
        > > > explanations, elucidations, insights, intuitions,
        premonitions,
        > > > predictions, anecdotes, diagrams, songs, pie graphs,
        pop-up
        > > graphs, 3-
        > > > D flow charts, scale models, computer games, virtual race
        > > sites,
        > > > holograms, personal perspectives from any angle
        (however
        > > tangential),
        > > > performance art, witty, serious, hilarious, cartoons, tall
        > tales,
        > > > polemics, plays, puppet shows, parables, fables and

      • ckgaparajita
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 5 5:08 PM
          >This is an appeal to group members living in New York for more
          >insights, perceptions, observations and inspirations from the 3100
          >mile race currently in progress.

          Well, I have been spending a lot of time studying the deeper inner
          and outer meaning of this race, as I am filming again this year with the intention of
          doing a long documentary. Along the way there will be many several short pieces
          which will go online.

          The more I enter into the consciousness of the race, the more I feel that this race is a
          microcosm of the human existence, played out in the space of a mere 7 weeks. And
          out of this play comes many, many valuable life lessons that will be of tremendous
          benefit to the entire humanity when it comes to know of the race more broadly.

          Hopefully these lessons -- as well as the experience of the race -- will be captured in
          the videos to come.

          More on this later.

          3100 Mile Race: http://srichinmoyraces.us

          - Aparajita
        • natabara7
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 5 8:29 PM
            I just watched Abichal's 15 minutes of fame on the online video and it really brings
            you there. The Tamil World Games going on in the background was quite a nice
            touch.

            Here in New York we see and talk to these runners a lot, but for someone to go on
            the web and see and experience these people and the event is quite remarkable.
            Hopefully there will be more videos from around the world being posted.

            -Natabara

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ckgaparajita <no_reply@y...>
            wrote:
            > >This is an appeal to group members living in New York for more
            > >insights, perceptions, observations and inspirations from the 3100
            > >mile race currently in progress.
            >
            > Well, I have been spending a lot of time studying the deeper inner
            > and outer meaning of this race, as I am filming again this year with the intention of
            > doing a long documentary. Along the way there will be many several short pieces
            > which will go online.
            >
            > The more I enter into the consciousness of the race, the more I feel that this race is
            > microcosm of the human existence, played out in the space of a mere 7 weeks. And
            > out of this play comes many, many valuable life lessons that will be of tremendous
            > benefit to the entire humanity when it comes to know of the race more broadly.
            >
            > Hopefully these lessons -- as well as the experience of the race -- will be captured
            in
            > the videos to come.
            >
            > More on this later.
            >
            > 3100 Mile Race: http://srichinmoyraces.us
            >
            > - Aparajita
          • salil_wilson
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6 10:13 PM
              Dear one and all,

              If anyone wants to send a message to the runners you can by
              emailing info@... or click on
              http://www.srichinmoyraces.us/contact

              These messages will then be posted on the day we receive
              them. We will also give a printed copy to the race headquarters
              for the runners.

              Thanks for your support.

              Salil Wilson

              ps I've got some great photos so keep watching the site.

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, natabara7

            • johnji_nz
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 7 12:05 AM
                I'd just like to add my voice to Prachar's request for further info and insghts about the
                3100 mile race. I'm watching the progress of all of the runners in this immortal race
                with avid interest, and would love to see more info and insights into the runners and
                their progress - and particuarly more photos. Maybe the great Natabara might be
                able to find the time to add some more excellent pictures to his already impressive
                portfolio :)

                Thanks in advance,

                John

                "Harmony shall liberate the world from the web of complexities."
                -Sri Chinmoy

                A site dedicated to the poetry of Sri Chinmoy:
                http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com
              • adhiratha
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 11 5:39 AM
                  I went out to see the runners and want to report that after 7:00 AM,
                  Australian Matt was two miles away from 1200 Miles. When he was at
                  about 500 miles and we were chating he mentioned that we have the
                  same birthday. There is a 30 year difference. It turns out on that
                  day in 1973 when Matt was being born and I had just been around Sri
                  Chinmoy and his students in Jamaica for a short time. On that day I
                  received a special Gift in my awareness for my birthday. At any rate
                  Matt and I were discussing these things as we walked or jogged along.
                  It also was noted that my longest distance for running any event was
                  50 miles. I mententioed to Matt that he was 30 years later than me
                  comming to this world but as of that date at 500 miles he was already
                  10 times better. In his own Self Transcendence race today he passed
                  the 1200 mile mark and therefore in our shared oneness transcendence
                  world is now "30 years later - 22 times better." Congrats Matt,
                  Prachar, Salil and the Australian oneness support team.
                  - Adhiratha Keefe